3 best metal albums you`ve heard so far in 2009!

Fuck if I can remember

the new Hibria, Cattle Decapitation, and Axis Of Perdition

So far all I've heard is the new Absu and Blut Aus Nord, both of which are quite good. I will be getting around to Obscura and Cattle Decapitation soon though.

The Agonist - Lullabies for the dormant mind
Torture Killer - Sewers

Those have impressed me so far. Though I'm hoping the new Amorphis is as good as there previous, and the new Katatonia album comes out this year...

My top 3 Albums of 2009 so far, metal and non-metal:

Alien Vampires - Fuck Off and Die
So far the best I've heard.

Others I've enjoyed.

My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire
Listened to it, and am somewhat disappointed but it may grow on me. Either way, it's My Dying Bride so I still enjoyed it.

Richard Christ - Richard Christ
For fans of Marilyn Manson, style-wise it's closest to Mechanical Animals. It's pretty good.

Other albums I've checked out and thought were alright or didn't really care much for. Albums by: Lamb of God, Fen, Cannibal Corpse, Vreid, Deathstars (how disappointing), The Arrival of Satan, Techny-Call X, Blut Aus Nord, Narath, Gothmog, Obszön Geschöpf.

Me either, I heard some stuff but it was way fucking overhyped generic tech-death from what I heard. GO RELAPSE!!1!11!!!!

really? the new axis of perdition? I listened to the first cd and didn't even bother with the second.

Your missing out because the second album is the best. Great Black metal in Grief of the unclean II, III and IV, and some awesome ambience in the last track.

hm. guess I'll have to listen to the second disc. I had a feeling that would be the case.

If I wanted a book on tape, I'd get a book on tape. Just give me the black metal

I wasnt into Urfe, I liked the ideas they had going on but the talking over the music just ruined it for me, i'd rather it be a creepy ass instrumental cd.

seriously though, no love for mastodon?

Scale the Summit's new album is really good.

This one is on its way to me right now. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

I don't understand all the Obscura hate. They might not be the most groundbreaking band out there, but the songs are all really well written.

The Agonist - Lullabies for the dormant mind
Torture Killer - Sewers

Those have impressed me so far. Though I'm hoping the new Amorphis is as good as there previous, and the new Katatonia album comes out this year...

Did not know of a new Katatonia! I'm very excited to hear that. Their entire catalog is fantastic.