3 best metal albums you`ve heard so far in 2009!

1. Samael- Above

Cover.jpg

2. My Dying Bride - For Lies I Sire

acov_tid74672.jpg

3. Kreator - Hordes of Chaos

213162.jpg

Listening to Absu now. I hadnt heard them before checking out this thread. Pretty neat black metal. Nice guitar tone for once

My friend bought this the other day. We listened to a little bit of the first song. It was kinda cool I guess. I'll have to get him to let me borrow it.
Cattle is an acquired taste, I think. If you're a fan of the last 2 albums, you'll like this one as well for sure. You have to kind of let CD sink in for a bit before really getting it, or at least I did.

HAH!!! :lol:

I listened to the new Kylesa song on their My Space page and it rules. Prosthetic Records has a pre-order of it for $10.00 so I might have to reserve my copy now. They also have a couple of really nice t-shirt/CD packages for $20.00.

I just got hold of the album and I think I'll definitely be buying it when I have moar spare money.

HAH!!! :lol:

I listened to the new Kylesa song on their My Space page and it rules. Prosthetic Records has a pre-order of it for $10.00 so I might have to reserve my copy now. They also have a couple of really nice t-shirt/CD packages for $20.00.

new album is amazing, plus they're touring with Mastodon and Intronaut, which = win.

Everything this year is half-assed IMO. It's only march so Nothing huge has been released yet.

Kreator's new one is a borefest it sounds like the last 2 albums with shittier vocals.

Lamb of God's Wrath is Good For what it is.
Kri Norris Prokekt - Icons of the Illogical was a cool album.

Cannibal Corpse - I just don't care at this point.
Hammerfall's new album was pure garbage.

ALSO

Idn if it's from 2009 or not but this band

KALISIA has a new album out, it's like 10 years in the making and in the same style as Crimson/Crimson II by Edge of Sanity. Really huge progressive Death album. Everyone should check it out.

Kalisia - Cybion

Everything this year is half-assed IMO. It's only march so Nothing huge has been released yet.

Kreator's new one is a borefest it sounds like the last 2 albums with shittier vocals.

Lamb of God's Wrath is Good For what it is.
Kri Norris Prokekt - Icons of the Illogical was a cool album.

Cannibal Corpse - I just don't care at this point.
Hammerfall's new album was pure garbage.

ALSO

Idn if it's from 2009 or not but this band

KALISIA has a new album out, it's like 10 years in the making and in the same style as Crimson/Crimson II by Edge of Sanity. Really huge progressive Death album. Everyone should check it out.

Kalisia - Cybion

There were a handful of amazing albums so far this year...with all the good shit coming up, picking an album of the year at the end of '09 seems like it'll be really overwhelming.

If Mastodon just played their first album it'd be awesome.

Psh, I wish. They're playing the new one in full :zombie: I listened to it once and I don't dig, but maybe I'll give it another go.

Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds...
Tribulation - The Horror
Procession - The Cult of Disease
Minotaur - God May Show You Mercy...We Will Not
Archgoat - The Light-Devouring Darkness
Taranis - Flandriae
Shackles - Traitors' Gate
Anal Blasphemy - Bestial Black Metal Filth

I've only bought three 2009 albums so far:

Fen - 'The Malediction Fields'
Sepultura - 'A-Lex'
The Axis Of Perdition - 'Urfe'