Post your musical discoveries so far in 2010!

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
Well, I just got into Immolation - Close To A World Below and it's a fucking masterpiece!

So yeah, post musical discoveries, be it albums, artists in general, from any year, any genre. Bring on the obscura idm and strange folk rock and all that good shit too! :D

Just checked out Miseration by Ermz's recommendation yesterday.
Blown away, fantastic death metal.

guess i'm late to the party, but: gojira - the way of all flesh. god fuck that is a HUGE album.

also, katatonia - night is the new day. to-mera - mirage (iirc) is also really cool...sounds like meshuggah meets dream theater meets opeth, with a chick singing on top

Just got Epica's new album. I saw them live a few years ago and pretty much hated them as they were really boring and repetitive, but the new album kick's ass!

Karnivool - Sound Awake. Fuck me, excellent music, got me fucking hooked as soon as I heard the opening of the album (Simple Boy) shit!! Awesome production as well, one of the best I've heard in this style imo.

Really diggin' this band Cobalt. Pretty interesting black metal-ish sounding stuff and a pretty natural sounding record!

I believe Dave Otero is to thank for that one.

-Joe

Oh my god the attack on that kick sounds awful; part of it seems to be youtube compression, but still, yikes...

Not bad music though, a bit of the emocore thing in there, but also some cool stuff as well

The Faceless.
Saw them live on the 10th and was blown away... I bought Planetary Duality today and have it spinning the first time right now. Awesome!

Also my vocalist sent me the links to some French metal bands that kick lots of ass... Minus Human, Obnoxious, and some more I haven't come to listen to so far. The French seem to carve their own niche in metal right now, they certainly have something special going on over there.

The Faceless.
+100000
also, Obscura!!
Cosmogenesis.jpg