Upcoming Album(s) Release Dates For 2010

What I'm really curious about is if they're going to jump the bandwagon and have him sing at all on the album. Part of me says "nah, no way", but then they toyed with the idea on the last album with the Architects cameo, so wouldn't surprise me.

In response to your comment, I never really think of BMTH as being very complex, alot of thier shit is pretty simple really. I mean, they're a good band, but pretty simple. I think that's definitely gonna change.

My thing with BMTH is while I dig them a fair bit, the best song on Suicide Season was BY FAR "The Sadness Will Never End," because it was the most melodic/mature/structured of the bunch. Having Sam Carter do the guest vocal helped a lot, as well, but the writing is a lot different than the other songs on the album.

I was and still am super into IKTPQ, so I'm just hoping that some of Jona's old melodeath tendencies will find they're way into BMTH's fairly generic UK-core sound.

My thing with BMTH is while I dig them a fair bit, the best song on Suicide Season was BY FAR "The Sadness Will Never End," because it was the most melodic/mature/structured of the bunch. Having Sam Carter do the guest vocal helped a lot, as well, but the writing is a lot different than the other songs on the album.

I was and still am super into IKTPQ, so I'm just hoping that some of Jona's old melodeath tendencies will find they're way into BMTH's fairly generic UK-core sound.

^^^^ That. Yes, yes, and yes.

You're right, that song probably is the best one on the album. And I'm still in total denial that IKTPQ are no more. One of my favorite bands. I hope the rumors are true and they do put out another album eventually. Maybe in time. I was so stoked when I heard he left Bleeding Through. I wonder if he really did leave for homesick reasons or because the BMTH offer came in. Guess no one will ever really know, but if it really was homesickness, then it makes you wonder how long the BMTH thing will last.

to the above two posts, i actually asked him on myspace. here's the conversation

Jona W…
8/12/2009 5:26 AM
To: Declan.

i was never really 'uncomfortable' in bt and iktpq. iktpq went on break because everyone wanted to and i left bt because i missed home and wasnt earning enough money to stay living overseas.

things in bmth are great. i make more money so i can go home more often and when we have time off its usually for a month or two so i have more time at home
Declan…
7/12/2009 3:44 PM
To: Jona Weinhofen

fair enough haha
are you havin a good time in bmth? cos i know you were uncomfortable with bleeding through and prom queen. so are you content with what you're doing now? regards, declan

and i just looked at his myspace page and his profile name is jona weinhofen *writing 2 albums!* and on the page it says

My name is Jona Weinhofen. Im 24 years old and i currently play guitar for Bring Me The Horizon and I Killed The Prom Queen. whereas before it just said bleeding through before he changed it in the last month or so.

:D also in his band mebers section he lists himself in bmth as clean vocals/guitar so.. ?

EDIT: confirmed by formspring question haha

are you providing any clean vocals on the new BMTH album?

most certainly

4 hours ago

Oohh i forgot this one.. The new Necrophagist album is supposed to be coming some time this year.. (Lets us pray that they are not playing with our feelings, and make the same things that Wintersun guys have done.. 6 years and no new album ?!?!?! )

Shortly after he left BT he made this comment in an interview with Blunt Magazine:

"they have just taken a break to "Do their own thing and grow as musicians". He also said the band would not tour until they had a new release, because people would think they are just touring for the money, and he hopes to record a new I Killed The Prom Queen album in the next 12–18 months"

That was early 2009 and was before he was announced as a permanent member of BMTH though. Maybe it's actually happening though, I sure hope so.

Vocals would be with Crafter obviously, sure wish Ed didn't leave. Ohh boy, that's probably another whole discussion right there lol.

Oohh i forgot this one.. The new Necrophagist album is supposed to be coming some time this year.. (Lets us pray that they are not playing with our feelings, and make the same things that Wintersun guys have done.. 6 years and no new album ?!?!?! )

I really don't get the delays in the albums.

Like I understand life gets in the way... but if your thing is that you're a musician who writes albums and then tours them, why does it make sense to keep people waiting 4, 5, 6 years after you say you're going to release an album?

And seriously... the Wintersun thing is just BS IMO. The excuses they've given for being behind deadlines are just retarded and nonsensical, things like Jari waiting for 64 bit everything so he can get all of his softsynths done without bouncing 50 times or something ridiculous.