POST YOUR RAW PREAMP (no cab) TRACK HERE!

Deadstar

Apr 19, 2004
London, UK
www.facebook.com
Since using tube head + impulses is becoming a standard I think it would pretty useful if we have some tracks recorded directly from the send fx of some heads/pre here. We can later add cab/compare/blablabla.
I know that sound may change using different pups or guitars etc. but that could be still quite interesting. What d'u think about?

Just post here:
raw track - head/preamp - additional gear

i'll put a raw engl powerball track as soon as i can ( for lasse happiness)

:kickass:

i think it should be with the same eq settings then - everyting on the middle e.g. and the same gain settings - to check who has more balls

I'll try and do some over the weekend. I can do Peavey Triple XXX, Lee Jackson GP-1000, and a Krank Distortus Maximus as well if anyones interested.

Great idea! It would also be interesting to see how amp sims without cabinet emulation or impulses compare to real preamps.

I can probably do my Dual Rec before the end of the week.

Great idea! It would also be interesting to see how amp sims without cabinet emulation or impulses compare to real preamps.

I can probably do my Dual Rec before the end of the week.

hey if u search in this forum there should be a 6505/revalver A/B by guitarhack, dunno if links are still working though

About to record some 5150mkII.
I'll edit this post to include a link in a little while.

sorry for taking so long

here we go - just quick test - this thing just arrived to me... soon i'll have to give it - but now im testing it

there are many thing for a clean tone - but for the overdriven tone - the best thing is LD2 with Red Channel (this is some combination of Tubes)
heres the clean preamp:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2zbf2
and with the GH impulse:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=801717&songID=7049335

everything on 5, except gain-10, LEAD2 GAIN - 10
Guitar - Greco Device with DiMarzio pickups, the bridge one