post your sexy pics here

^ I agree, but getting rid of his baws is perhaps the most direct and powerful way of saying: "I'm the Alpha here, bitch. Sit down and shut up".

Dogs are intrinsically malleable, with the correct program every dog can be put in its place, if need be. Behaviourist psychology got old on Humans, as we're more complex chaps (well some of us are) but it still works fine on dogs, and with modifications for the slightly more bastardy versions.

Dogs are intrinsically malleable, with the correct program every dog can be put in its place, if need be. Behaviourist psychology got old on Humans, as we're more complex chaps (well some of us are) but it still works fine on dogs, and with modifications for the slightly more bastardy versions.
Indeed. And behaviorism doesn't work on me. Deltas are dumb.

Yep, just keep to the menial tasks and everything will be fine. Your Beta and Alpha masters will ensure everything in need of higher preoccupations is taken care of.

Have some soma, dislocate and relax.

Yeah he really likes his Kong, til he nibbles the treat down so that it gets stuck inside. Then he loses interest :p

Just got back with him from the vet. He got a booster shot and a six month pack of heartworm prevention. It's called Interceptor, which also prevents other parasites. They checked his poo today and it was all perfect :)

Oh and he behaved SO well for the vet. I didn't go last time because I had to work, but my mom took him and said he chewed and gnawed all over the vet. This time, not at all.

Yep, Interceptor is awesome. Shrike loves it because it has a flsvour... so I pretand it's a treat and he feels so proud once he swallos it :lol:
I love it how dogs 'feel proud' when they see us humans happy with them :lol:

Cawa, I soooooo want Rusty to meet Shrike one day!

He will! We'll definitely bring him up there one day. When we were leaving the vet's office a guy brought in a big, old black lab. Rusty looked at him in awe, that's the only way I can describe it. Then the big lab kept poking it's head out of the exam room to look at Rusty while we checked out. It was cute :p

If I had the energy and the patience to get a second dog, I would. I think Rusty would really enjoy the company of another dog.

Yes and I demand that my little Pooh Bear Riley has in on the playdate!

l_649390c276090d3ff7c8932e6744ce5a.jpg

If I had the energy and the patience to get a second dog, I would. I think Rusty would really enjoy the company of another dog.

You know, I've been playing with the idea of getting Shrike a companion for almost a year now... he is very social and has a lot of friends in the dog park.. but you know, last Xmas I actually tried that for a while...
My friend needed a pet sitter for a month for het foster dog, and I thought that might be a good try... Shrike loved him at first, and they played and played, but then: he became really annoyed... I think...
Shrike is passive, so when the other dog took his bed, he just let him have it... same with toys and his food... when the dog left: Shrike was so happy...
like he can finally have his things back....I was kinda sad to see, but also happy- because.. well, if Shrike is happy, I'm happy.
some dogs just need to be the "masters" of their domain... heh.

You know, I've been playing with the idea of getting Shrike a companion for almost a year now... he is very social and has a lot of friends in the dog park.. but you know, last Xmas I actually tried that for a while...
My friend needed a pet sitter for a month for het foster dog, and I thought that might be a good try... Shrike loved him at first, and they played and played, but then: he became really annoyed... I think...
Shrike is passive, so when the other dog took his bed, he just let him have it... same with toys and his food... when the dog left: Shrike was so happy...
like he can finally have his things back....I was kinda sad to see, but also happy- because.. well, if Shrike is happy, I'm happy.
some dogs just need to be the "masters" of their domain... heh.

That's understandable. If I were to get a second dog though, I would want it to be while Rusty's still a puppy, so he could grow up learning how to co-exist with the other dog. Not sure what sort of second dog I would get or what age though.

That's understandable. If I were to get a second dog though, I would want it to be while Rusty's still a puppy, so he could grow up learning how to co-exist with the other dog. Not sure what sort of second dog I would get or what age though.

you're right!!! If you do it, do it while he's still young... I would say: when Rusty will be a year, and well trained: then it's the ideal time to get a dog...
because Rusty's good behavior will reflect on the new dog and Rusty will be young enough to accept the dog!

Shrike has only ONE real companion, that he completely 100% accepts and it's his "best friend" - Funny: It's a black lab! ;)
He belongs to good friends of mine that lived in Arlington, but moved to Princeton NJ for 2 years:

awwwww!!!

S_A.JPG

But it's hard to find that kind of companion... at least for Shrike. :)