Posting Guidelines in the Recommendation Forum

skeptik

Feb 7, 2003
This sub-forum's primary intention is for those who are seeking new bands and types of Metal to have an outlet to do so. Thus, the bulk of the threads should be those who are inquiring about similar bands to those they they like, something entirely unlike anything that they already listen to, Melodic Death Metal, Atmospheric Black Metal, etc. However, that does not mean that you can't post a thread recommending a band or bands simply because you feel so strongly about them. I do ask that you make these threads worthy of carrying on a discussion, however, otherwise it is rather useless. Threads such as "I like Amon Amarth" whose original post only contains something to the effect of "listen to them" will be closed or deleted. If you want to say "I like Amon Amarth," you can do that in The Thread Where You Talk About The Music You Like is the main forum.

If you have suggestions or complaints, please use this thread to recommend changes/air your grievances.

this is a fucking outrage! How dare that Deron cunt destroy hundreds of hours worth of Ultimate Metal history by ending my glorious thread - one of the staples of the forum and one of few reasons I occasionally visit!

Seriously though, what the fuck is the point of this change?

The whole reason a generic "Recommendations" thread was created was to cut down on the number of simplistic and formulaic threads which went nowhere and generated very little discussion besides people listing a few similar band names.

No one can be arsed to click on a seperate thread for every seperate request, just to give a few similar bands - the whole point of a single thread was to collect all that kind of response into an ongoing discussion, providing one clear place to get a quick answer, and also giving the chance for a bit of chat in between.

This is super gay.

Whatever, the Recommendation thread is still there to browse, but this entire forum serves the same purpose. If people don't want to utilize it, that's their problem.

The recommendations thread is far too widespread and big to be of much use, isn't it? Here people can find stuff that feels like Bathory in their early days mixed with Judas Priest's Painkiller album and a touch of Empyrium

You mean the recommendations thread? You know you can just use the search function, right?

vBulletin's search function blows, though. Having a separate forum is definitely an improvement over one monolithic thread.

I've always found the in-thread search function of UM to be perfectly fine, especially in comparison to other boards. But whatever, we don't have to worry about that now.

Not sure if this is a good place to put this but can someone make the different genres of music v5 made and can it be stickied?

This sub-forum's primary intention is for those who are seeking new bands and types of Metal to have an outlet to do so. Thus, the bulk of the threads should be those who are inquiring about similar bands to those they they like, something entirely unlike anything that they already listen to, Melodic Death Metal, Atmospheric Black Metal, etc. However, that does not mean that you can't post a thread recommending a band or bands simply because you feel so strongly about them. I do ask that you make these threads worthy of carrying on a discussion, however, otherwise it is rather useless. Threads such as "I like Amon Amarth" whose original post only contains something to the effect of "listen to them" will be closed or deleted. If you want to say "I like Amon Amarth," you can do that in The Thread Where You Talk About The Music You Like is the main forum.

If you have suggestions or complaints, please use this thread to recommend changes/air your grievances.
I am seeking new bands particularly band that are struggling to get seen or noticed these days. Is this a good channel to post an ad for bands looking for a space in my channel so they can get reviewed and interviewed and promote them.