Power Metal Bands

Apr 15, 2005
Indiana
hey i just started listening to more power metal and i wanted to know what are some good power metal bands that you like? I allready really like Sonata Arctica and Hammerfall...thanks!

Sonata Arctica??? Blind Guardian is the best though, in my opinion. I think Iced Earth counts as half. Demons and Wizards? Dream evil? i dunno. Some may not think some of these are power, but they are good none the less.

you guys should try Twilighting
they got some crazy solos n stuff

A power metal thread and no one mentiones Iron Maiden wich is like the creator of the entire genre and a pioneer of metal all around the world?

A finnish less known group called Kiuas also has really catchy playing along with a brilliant vocalist, they play a little tighter but in my opinion it still falls in to the power metal category since people do have a need to categorize metal

If your into really fast solos.. maiden style kind of thing.. check out Dragonforce.. they are amzing.. and the solos are just mad

IM tired of maiden....kamelot, kiuas( I bearly heard a sound clip, they show potential, but haven't gotten their album in the 'states) and some bands you guys listen to.

Dude your sig!! Opeth & Children of bodom & Kalmah aren't Black Metal bands... You must be from the USA or something , a lot of Americans think
that everything with screaming vocals and keyboards is Black Metal :OMG: