Power Metal

What are some good power metal bands that have 'chugga chugga' type of riffs ?
Some guy I know wants to start a power metal band with that type of instrumental so I need to find some bands to listen to :p

Chugga chugga would be like the rhythm patterns basically. I dunno how to explain it, some people know what I mean and some don't I guess =P

Ummm I see none of you have mentioned Dark Moor.... WTF MATES?

As for chugga chugga I don't really know what you mean but I guess Rhapsody has a good amount of fast rythm "chugging" in their verses...

Secret Sphere is pretty decent (love the 2 first releases). They can go from some very heavy thrash riffs to some cheesy piano balade. Voice is hard to get into though.

Nice list Feel_The_Force. Chugga Chugga is some guitar break downs which bands like Meshuggah and Darkane for example, are playing with... and about any generic Hardcore band.

Cause the breakdown rythm goes like : "Chugga......Chugga.....Chugga..................Chugga...................Chugga Chugga Ghugga". [/OFF-TIME DRUM PATTERN]

:p

Screcrowman said:
No I don't mean hardcore or metalcore! That stuff is garbage!

I dunno... Just never mind my idiotic post =P
I still understood how this can be integrated in other styles of music as well without sounding neo shitty. Anyways...

ND24/7 said:
I still understood how this can be integrated in other styles of music as well without sounding neo shitty. Anyways...

Ya sort of like that, but in power metal. A buddy of mine was talking about it but he never mentioned a band. He said there's power metal bands like that but I don't know like any power metal.

Screcrowman said:
Ya sort of like that, but in power metal. A buddy of mine was talking about it but he never mentioned a band. He said there's power metal bands like that but I don't know like any power metal.
Maybe ask your friend?