Power metal with Harsh vocals.....

JosephAcevedo

Jul 31, 2005
Las Vegas
www.myspace.com
Looking for more bands that play this style that are awesome....

Any recommendations?

I already know of Cob , Kalmah, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Norther, Imperanon, Wintersun, Kiuas, ect...

Please no gothenburg bands (ala dark tranquillity, in flames, ect...)

Divine Sin... a Swedish band from the 90's.

Also Morgana Lefay, but I'm not sure if that's the type of stuff you're looking for... Charles's vox are "clean", but very aggressive most of the time, sort of like Jon Oliva's early work in Savatage... and they're more thrashy/dark power metal, not neoclassical and/or speed like most of the bands you mentioned.

Divine Sin... a Swedish band from the 90's.

Also Morgana Lefay, but I'm not sure if that's the type of stuff you're looking for... Charles's vox are "clean", but very aggressive most of the time, sort of like Jon Oliva's early work in Savatage... and they're more thrashy/dark power metal, not neoclassical and/or speed like most of the bands you mentioned.

Boob - your Scrubs pic RULES!!! I love it!!!

It all depends what you call harsh vocals. For me 99.999% + of the time harsh vocals is synonymous of :puke:

Blind Guardian and early Skyclad (I know more thrash than power) has why I consider harsh vocals. Now if you taking harsh like in some thrash/death, death, black bands well then...:ill:

Still some bands with not very melodic vocals have caught my attention in the power metal field, so I can recommend at least two Sabaton (SWE) and Vhaldemar (SP). The first is more straighforward, ballsy power metal, the second is more neoclassical/power.

Now not so much power, but definitively strong heavy metal I have to call Goddess Of Desire (NL).

NP: Scale The Summint - 'Rode In On Horseback'