Power Quest - Live at the Underworld (Bootleg Release)

Mar 10, 2008
Abingdon, UK
Hey Guys,

So, through all the trials and tribulations, I managed to buy a camcorder and film most of the Power Quest show at the Underworld! Unfortunately, I couldn't make it in time for the beginning of the set, so I'm missing the first three songs :bah: but I have 1 hour 20 mins of the show :Smokin: and the sound quality is actually pretty good for a handheld camera. Footage is a bit shaky/blurry in places as it was hard to hold the camera (and especially for that amount of time without some sort of mount) but I think it captures the excitement of the show perfectly.

Definitely bootleg quality, but I think that kind of adds to it in a weird way :p anyway, I've downloaded the footage to my laptop (and backed it up to my external hard drive) and I'm thinking of putting it on a DVD to send to Steve for his personal records (if he wants it of course :p) in addition, and with his permission, I'll put the whole thing on my youtube account for the world to see. Might even get creative and add a title sequence and credits just for the hell of it.

If anyone wants a DVD of the footage (again with Steve's permission) i'll look to create some and send them out - obviously free of charge!

It's a bit disappointing that I didn't get the whole thing, and couldn't hang out after (due to my partner becoming ill during the show :( ) but the exciting news is that I have 1 hour 20 mins of the final Headlining Power Quest show (did I say that already... :lol:)

I look forward to sharing it with you

That's fantastic that someone managed to get a recording! Thank you, well done.

It'd would have been great to meet you, I didn't know you'd be there!

If it's all gravy with Steve, count me in for a DVD! I'd pay for one too of course.

I'm in discussion with the guys at the moment, and will be producing a few DVDs for their approval (once I can figure out the software and conversion techniques). I'm away for a few weeks with work/on holiday so it may be a while before anyone hears anything further, but i'll keep you updated with the progress when there is any.

My goal would be to create a DVD Menu screen complete with chapter select, but we'll see what happens...

OK, it's been a little while since I posted here, time for an update...

I've successfully created a few test copy DVD discs (complete with Menu and Chapter select screens) but have had a few technical issues to overcome in the process. I bought software to create the menu and add sound snippets to it (PQ obviously) but had issues with media and the burn process. This has resulted in me buying a dvd burner and better quality media. Overall, creating the menus, intros, credits etc. took me two days but I got there in the end! :headbang: I've definitely given 110% to this project.

I've even gone the whole hog and bought DVD cases for the discs, and made a cover for them as well. On that front, I've just ordered some printer cartridges, and am working out the quality of paper I need to make them look as good as they can.

In summary, the DVD content is ready (and has been tested on two DVD+R discs) and I have made a cover for the DVD cases - just need to print it up properly. When I receive the DVD burner I'll get the discs burnt (using DVD-R), and when I receive the print cartridges I'll print up the covers. I can then send them out to the guys when I get addresses. Once they have recieved and reviewed them, a decision can then be made as to whether anyone else can see the footage.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Really appreciate all the hard effort and attention to detail you're putting in! I cannot wait until this becomes a reality I can buy into! Any teasers you can release or word on pricing?

Can't fault your dedication my friend, but I have to ask why not just upload to YouTube?

It does seem like a lot of effort to go to, but it's also a personal project for me to learn new skills. As well as that, the presentation will be a lot grander than a link to youtube, and it adds a personal/fan made touch.

The youtube version would also be heavily compressed, and may misrepresent the band. That's the main reason for getting band approval first before this footage goes anywhere... as I've said before, it's bootleg quality, so if Steve and the guys think it doesn't do them justice, then it's not something they'd want the world to see.

Having said that, I will see about putting a youtube version up in the future if the footage is approved for release (and this is agreed with PQ), so that those in other countries can see the show without the need to get a DVD from me. But for those underground cool people, they'll be a bootleg DVD on the market to collect :lol:

So... I've now been given the go-ahead to share the trailer I made for the DVD. It's taken a lot of effort and determination to get here, but without further ado - Here's the trailer for 'Power Quest Live at the Underworld':

I can't wait to share the rest of it with you in due time :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
As I commented on the Facebook post, looks/sounds great, and I eagerly await the finished product!

Seems like you put a lot of effort in this project. I'd like to buy one when it's finished, please:)

Hey guys, just checking in to say I'll be making a batch of DVD's over the next few weeks for those that want them. Thinking I'll put a link to ebay under the Youtube vid when they're ready (minimal cost of course!) Will also try and get some behind the scenes photos up to reignite interest.

1185302_10151828957066678_244837800_n.jpg

Yeah I had a bit of trouble with ebay over this due to it being 'an unauthorised copy' They've removed the listing and forced me to find an alternative way of providing the DVD to those that want it. I'm thinking I'll have to go with the direct PayPal method. I did sell 7 in the short space of time the listing was active and those will be going out tomorrow. I'll make another batch of 10 over the coming month and ask people to private message me on facebook/here.
And in case anyone was wondering, I'll be sending a cut of the profits from this to Steve of course :)