Power Quest playing covers

Interesting! We have considered covers in the past but have never got round to it. When the time comes for us to play much longer sets then maybe we could include something if you guys want us to.

Any other thoughts?

Master Of Puppets.

No wai! Thrash?! Madness. Doesn't suit PQs sound at all. Where would the keyboards come in? Steve would be just standing there!

Listen to Arthemis do I Wanna Rock. I'd like to hear something of that ilk. Maybe PQ doing God Gave Rock and Roll To You or a metal take of Happy Together. Or maybe Avenged Sevenfold's Beast and the Harlot because that song pains me since it's a great song done by a shite band, PQ would do it proud.

Some cool ideas there. It's always a point for discussion whether or not to include a cover on an album. Would you rather see original material? Maybe covers are better for bonus tracks?

I really enjoy covers, but I don't think the best place to put them is on an album, because after all it is your album, I have this wierd idea that putting a cover on an album is like a gimmick to attract more people.. Just me though :)

Some one off live covers are always cool though, just don't go over the top with like 5 covers per gig (Trivium you know who you are) :lol:

Something that you guys all love, maybe "Caught Somewhere in Time" :D

FTW

I think, unless a cover is a decent reworking of a song then it needn't be included on an album. Of course I'm thinking of blues/rock/first-gen Metal kind of bands, as far as reworkings go...dunno how a Power Metal band would work with that kind of thing?
But, yeah, a cover as a live treat or a bonus track would be pretty cool :)

Put covers on an EP or a B-side to a single. Its a bit of a cop-out when a band releases a cover on an album; save the albums for original material :D

Agreed. A recorded cover should be for a comp or b-side only.

I dunno. I don't see much of a challenge for a power metal band with synth to cover Europe.

Maybe something ballsier, ala early Accept

I dunno. I don't see much of a challenge for a power metal band with synth to cover Europe.

I don't think PQ should go out looking for complexity. Afterall, Arthemis made a cracker out of I Wanna Rock...not much of a challenge. I think it's important to cover a song that the majority will be able to recognise too so that people will know it's a cover and not a new song! But at the same time not too well known or you'll be accused of sacralige.