Power Quest playing covers

okok, the idea of (a) cover songs(s) is quite interesting...put most suggestions named here are no option, imo
it would have to be something special...a non-metal-song transfered into PQ-sound; but you guys shouldn't force it...and should feel comfortable about it
most of the time it's best to put it as a bonus track...but if it fits perfectly into an album...why not placing it in between your own songs

Something non-metal? I liked Freedom Call doing "Dancing with Tears in my eyes"...so it can work

yeah, there's not much sense in covering something if the result sounds quite like the original
and it can work, of course...gamma ray were named, angra, too
but there are also other examples:
warmen - somebody's watching me (very interesting)
sonata arctica - wind beneath my wings (fantastic)
running wild - revolution
a.s.o.

I personally much rather a cover in the same genre, to see how well a band can play the song and how their various nuances in their individual playing change the way it sounds in combination with different tones (keyboards, guitars) and vocal timbres. That's what I love in a cover. Whilst these other appropriations of non metal songs also provide for much adoration, I still rather hearing one of my favourite songs with a new tinge of goodness :)

maybe i just value those nuances way too little...or they irritate me more than thrill me; i usually end up prefering the original...by far