Power Quest @ PPM Festival 2012 My Review + More!

Astrolis

Producer/Composer at AM3
Dec 9, 2010
Mountains of Earth
Hi,

As I promised Steve or better, told Steve, I'll put up an "extended" review on my experience of Power Quest and some of the other bands at the festival this year. Of course, I'm "little" bit more sober now than what I was yesterday and on Saturday when I met the band; it was an unforgettable experience and something I'll never forget. It was also my first time seeing & meeting the band so I was was in HEAVEN this past weekend. My journey started on Thursday when I took the plane from Oslo to Charleroi Airport, which is situated roughly 20 minutes drive away from Mons (the town where the fest is located in). Nothing really happened before Friday when bands like Korpiklanni and Rhapsody of Fire played, and until that time I just enjoyed the scenery and some beer. I quickly noticed that at the Expo in Mons, there were only limited amount of sitting places, or what it's called, "chairs" and those were located on the other side of the Expo and were outside. Quiet chilling in the evenings.

Saturday came pretty quick on me. And before I knew it, I met Rich at the VIP bar. I was rushing to finish dinner and get my a** over from the restaurant to the bar. I was amazed with Rich's energy and his enthusiasm, despite travelling for some 10-15 hours from the UK to Belgium. Shortly, the rest of the gang came and I was greeted by the man of awesomeness himself, Steve. Short but sweet, Saturday was too epic for me to handle, and I couldn't wait for what was going to happen on Sunday, when the Quest was going to put on a show...and they did.
Skipping forward to the show, I was of course front row and ready to roll and hours time before the Quest hit the stage. They warmed up to "Edge of Time"; a classic indeed. Their setlist was as follows:

Battle Stations
Rising Anew
Cemetery Gates
Glorious
Power Quest
Edge of Time
Temple of Fire
Neverworld

Maybe not in THAT exact order, but at least those were the "awesome" songs they put up for display. It surprised me when they ended up playing Neverworld, to end the show. Total EPICNESS ( and thanks Steve & PQ for playing this awesome song)
Overall, to summon everything under one roof, Power Quest in my opinion and others I asked, was the best SHOW the whole festival. Followed by a crowd chanting "POWER QUEST...POWER QUEST!" at the end to show the support that Belgium had to offer. Even though it was my first time seeing the Quest, and I have nothing to compare it with, but still I was amazed by the cleanness of what they played and just overall EPICNESS by the band.
So Steve, I can't wait til the next time you guys hit the road. I'll probably be there and cheering you guys on for the second time, and hopefully more in the future.

Love the Quest, FOREVER, AND EVER!

Hope you enjoyed this short, but sweet review all,

With love,

Astrolis aka Kris Thorsheim

Fantastic setlist! Glad to hear you had a good time, Astrolis. Hope Rich appreciated the tattoo! :D Powerray uploaded a bunch of amazing photos from the show, hopefully he shares them here soon. Sounds like everybody (both fans and the band) had a blast, really glad to hear that.

Sounds just as we all expected...PQ blew the roof off! Many thanks to you and Powerray for the reports, pics and vids. Total shame more of us couldn't get to such an amazing night! I'm certain PQ have made many more fans recently. :headbang:

Nice to meet you Kris, and great to hear you enjoyed the show. I remember hearing you singing even louder than Colin in the front :lol:

Nice to meet you Kris, and great to hear you enjoyed the show. I remember hearing you singing even louder than Colin in the front :lol:

LOL Andy, yeah I enjoyed it with every inch of my body, and I sure think the rest of the guys watching did so too.

Haha, well probably that's why I don't have a voice right now...everything is just messed up, hehe! ^^

Kudos,

Kris

Really enjoyed doing this gig, and also hanging out with some of you guys after the show!! Thanks to Kris for helping me out on the vocals :) I think you can even hear Kris in some of the video online where I put the mic into the crowd!

Really enjoyed doing this gig, and also hanging out with some of you guys after the show!! Thanks to Kris for helping me out on the vocals :) I think you can even hear Kris in some of the video online where I put the mic into the crowd!

So did I, put personally thanks to the Quest for putting on an amazing show.
I lost my voice the first couple of days after the concert.
Well, that's not up to me to answer, but the crowd.

Lots of love,

Kris