Power/Speed Metal

Mort Divine

Shrine Maiden of the In-Crowd
Oct 28, 2005
Fargo, ND
I've been really fuckin' enjoying StormWarrior, Rage, Running Wild, Grave Digger, Helloween's Walls of Jericho and shit like that lately - so please people recommend me some more. Preferably with the crunchier guitar sound of Grave Digger :)

No, because they're not what he's looking for, in case you couldn't tell by the rest of the bands he listed.

Iron Savior. Excellent band, Kai Hansen was one of the co-founders, although he left it later. Check them out.

I might also mention that one of the members of Iron Savior is the guitarist of Savage Circus.

Edguy, Primal Fear and HammerFall are also good bands, although not in the same league as Gamma Ray, Running Wild, Grave Digger, etc.

EDIT: I am not sure if these bands are relevant here, but I thought Persuader and Lost Horizon may fit the bill too.

I haven't reall given Power/speed metal much of a listen, I've been listening to Blind Guardian lately and enjoying them quite a bit. Can anyone recommend me some essential albums to start out with?

I haven't reall given Power/speed metal much of a listen, I've been listening to Blind Guardian lately and enjoying them quite a bit. Can anyone recommend me some essential albums to start out with?

Hmm .... well you should check out Demons and Wizards, they are quite close to Blind Guardian, then I would recommend
Symphony X - V New Mythology Suite, Divine Wings of Tragedy if you value solos over vocals, The Odyssey for something in the middle. They are all good Power Metal (proggish also). If you don't mind cheese, definitely check out Symphony of Enchanted Lands by Rhapsody.

Thanks for those of you who recommended things I'm looking for, I'll look into Overlorde and Iron Saviour asap :)

Power:

Symphony X
Blind Guardian
Sonata Arctica
Freedom Call
Hammerfall
Rhapsody
ManOWar
Nevermore
Catharsis
Iced Earth
Kamelot