Powerplay Awards 2002

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
Thanks to everyone who voted for Power Quest in the Powerplay readers awards poll. We were voted 4th best British band

1. Def Leppard
2. Threshold
3. Iron Maiden
4. Power Quest
5. Mostly Autumn

!:headbang:!:headbang:!:headbang:

Check it out in the April issue!

Symphony said:
I'll get a scan of the page from Powerplay up on the site for those who don't get to see the mag

BIG congratulations! Well done, thats a big achievement especially considering how long you guys are around compared to Maiden, Threshold, Def Leppard!!!

*amazed* :)

Any ideas on votes cast Steve? Must have cost you loads in postage :p ha ha

It seems a bit of a disjointed poll, Def Leppard over Maiden ....?? I don't think so and who the hell are Mostly Autumn???
Not taking away from the achievement or anything and i'm sure karl's happy too...
wink.gif

Mostly Autumn are a York Based Prog outfit. I've seen them once and I thought they were ok (I'm not a huge prog fan) Everyone else in the place was totally blown away and I was just stood their wanting to go home and put some Gamma Ray on.

Classic Rock Mag totally kisses their arses. I think they've got a few albums out (no idea what label) and even a DVD. Obviously they're very good at what they do - they're just not my cup of tea.

Okay Steve, it was kind of a tongue in cheek question mate :D
Karl was highly surprised that Threshold were are the 2nd best band in Britain beating Maiden...but chuffed too i guess :)

Mostly Autumn...now I've heard this name so many times...were they in Classic Rock awhile back, perchance?