Powerquest parts ways with guitarist and singer

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
These guys seem to be having loads of trouble the last year or so. I'm thinking it might be time to blow the band up and start anew.

"U.K-based metallers POWER QUEST have parted ways with singer Pete Morten and guitarist Ben Randall due to "musical differences." According to the band, "the split was amicable and everyone in the POWER QUEST family wishes Pete and Ben all the very best in their respective musical endeavors. "

A new vocalist has already been found and the band is hard at work rehearsing new material with him.

In the meantime, POWER QUEST is looking for a new guitarist to join the lineup. Dedication, commitment and drive are essential, as is the ability and desire to tour and rehearse (one weekend per month in the U.K.) as required. Experience is obviously an advantage but is by no means essential.

If you are a guitarist familiar with POWER QUEST and influenced by melodic metal and hard rock, here's what you have to do to apply:

E-mail stevekeys@power-quest.co.uk with your biography, contact details and links to audio and video examples of your playing both in the studio and in the live arena. Those who are shortlisted will be invited to attend an audition in Derby (U.K.) in late April/early May 2010. The successful candidate will of course be joining the band to record the new album in Italy in July/August this year. Please note no applications will be considered after April 10.

POWER QUEST's latest album, "Master of Illusion", was released in 2008 via Napalm Records/Avalon Marquee (Japan). Guest musicians on the CD include keyboardist Richard West from the U.K. progressive metal band THRESHOLD, Jorn Viggo Lofstad from the Norwegian power metal act PAGAN'S MIND and FOURWAYKILL singer Chris Neighbour."

I'm curious to hear the new disc... and the new vocalist. With this style of Metal, the vocalist tends to make or break the band for me. And although I quite like what PowerQuest does musically, their previous vocalist wasn't to my liking.