ppl talking about The Iron Maidens at metal-rules.com

Rest assured gals, if I thought your playing was not top notch you would know by now. I'm here because of your talents, not your good looks (although they are in abundance here).

I have heard what I thought were 'slight inconsistencies' between your notation and that on the albums, at a certain point on (only) a couple of songs, but when you are firing off 32nd notes being a '64th' note off is bound to happen when playing live. I remember mentioning this back in April. Having said that, any other guitarist that is as dead on as you gals, well that level of talent is rare to begin with...

That being said, you can't keep everyone happy, and some people are just mean too. Not everyone will agree with Jen's vocal range (I think she's a very good fit myself), but since she isn't a 'carbon copy' of Bruce some people will never be happy.

I think it is the Maidens' 'success' that has a few people intimidated as well. I would think that there aren't many tribute bands in LA that can outdraw the Maidens.

On a side note, I really thought Hangar 18 did an awesome job when I saw them. How are they coming along?

Well, the way I see it is:
If Iron Maiden doesn't have a problem with it (and they don't because they are promoting your shows on the Iron Maiden site)
then who care what ignorant ppl say. I haven't seen the Maidens play yet but I can't wait. I hope to see all of you (true fans) at the CANES show...
Stay Brutal.
-Raymond

hehhehehehe, the comments on metal rules are bitter. They are a bitter and fickle crowd. I'm still mad at the metal-rules crowd for horribly trashing my friend on a personal level because of the way he looked. grrrrrrr....

but yah, you can't please everyone, and they are ignoring the fact that the Maidens are just Maiden fans who love playing Maiden and who love puttting on a show. There's no deception, and it's not like the band is claiming any of the songs to be their own. Relax, have fun, and enjoy the music! It's ENTERTAINMENT!!

I think those guys are ones who lives in their small world, insulting everyone who comes to spoil it.

The Maidens are just a tribute band and of course it's great that all players are women, that's not common on metalscene. No, that's not great....it's f**king awesome!

Thanks for the headzup Dreamaster! I was expecting something much harsher, so it's not too bad. It's just a bit of negative tension we were probably long overdue for. You can't please everyone, and we're not trying to. We are just enjoying ourselves playing Maiden tunes cuz we LOVE EM! and love playing them to the people who love to hear them. That's it.
I am so thankful to the people who understand what we are doing and why we are doing this and come out and do it with us!!!!!! (sounds kinda funny eh?)

Cheers!

Blah!:yuk: Poop on them all!!! If they don't know a good time then f'm! Ladies, toss them in the gutter and don't let'em bother you.

WHAT they DON'T KNOW is that intense feeling that cooks up when your playing. The thumping bass pounding on you, the bitchen maiden stage set put together (with a female twist - which I like:0), the crowd pushing, etc., are all part of that feeling you go there for. Any REAL maiden fan would know how awesome your show is (I think the crowds you draw speak for themselves).

Obviously a female voice will NEVER sound like a male voice, Jen, keep screaming away! I think you have a great voice. I have several live audio tracks of maiden, some sound like crap (some really bad)...not the songs, but the recording. I'm not suggesting your audio tracks on your website are crap, but they miss that element I just mentioned and you do sound better in person. Did those people "judging a book by it's cover" ever think of that?:confused: I think not. :( Trust me, if you sucked, I wouldn't be a repeating customer. Likewise to all the others that are following you too.

Rule #1: Chicks that like maiden, rock! :headbang:
Rule #2: Chicks that play maiden, f'n rock! :headbang::headbang:
Rule #3: Chicks that play maiden and put on a show like you do, REALLY F'N ROCK! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

If your feeling down, depressed & lonely, I know a place where we can go...22 Acacia Avenue...

There is always going to be some stick in the mud who will moan and groan about something. I have noticed a similar pattern with some folks that gripe on message boards, they have no practical experience on just what it's like to perform live on stage and to get that audience feedback. It's one thing to jam on a practice amp in your living room, but another thing alltogether to play live on a stage in front of people and with hot lights bleeding down on you. I think a lot of people get the mindset behind tribute bands wrong. You're not trying to be that band in question, just have a blast playing songs you grew up with to others that share that same joy of the music.

Originally posted by Doodoobubbachuck
Hey Bostic, you play lefty? That's always a trip to watch!

I actually am left handed, but spent the first 15 years or so playing a normal righty kit. About 4 years ago I decided to make the switch to open hand setup like Gene Hoglan, Simon Phillips, Billy Cobham, etc. so I put Ride on the left side and lowered the Hi-hats. I would never reverse the toms though, for some reason lefty kits look too odd to me. To further follow my lefty heritage, tom fills start with the left hand and I lead all the double kick patterns with the left foot. That was a major brain drain to unlearn righty lead, but there are certain patterns that work better, like when you want to choke the hats quickly in between double bass. I still have a Ride and X-hat on the right side so I can switch off back and forth, depending on what a song might call for.

Like I always say..............similar to Steve during that Rock in Rio stuff..........

"If you don't like the show, don't come." If people don't like us, or my voice, I could care less. That just fuels my fire to make our show greater and larger with faster harder songs--brutally crushing stereotypes, that's what it's all about.

Steve Harris said, "If those fans are going to freak out over a little mastering for the Rock in Rio cd, don't buy the album and we don't want you as fans."

WELL SAID STEVE.

This is a free country..........................I do this show to see all the happy faces re-living their best Maiden moments and to introduce Iron Maiden to new young people who have never had the pleasure of hearing their music. If they don't like us or my voice, they don't have to come. I'm a woman and not going to sing exactly like Bruce Dickinson. I sound like his little vibratto-esque sister at best....That's one of the problems of having live MP3s up instead of well mastered tracks. The stuff is raw and what we do live is so much more dynamic than hearing some live MP3 that is reliant upon how good their sound card / bandwidth and speakers are.

Anyway....negativity just fuels my fire so if peeps are talking shit to bring us down...it has the opposite effect...at least with me.

www.theironmaidens.com

It seems that most of the people on metal-rules are into death metal growlers anyways so what the fuck do they know about singing? Also everyone just wants to have a good time with great music so whats the problem? The cherries on metal-rules need to get out of the house and do something, maybe actually talk to a girl.
Maidens Rock:headbang:

Dreammaster: you have been a member of Metal-Rules-com for a long time now. You know that there are a couple of thousand registered members on our board and that the few people who posted in that thread didn't represent the board as a whole.

You will find that most people on MRs have no problem with the Iron Maidens.

To Massive Metal. You don't know as much about Metal-Rules.com as you think you do. If you think that everyone there is into death metal you might want to check us out. You might want to get out of the house yourself sometime.

Originally posted by Hattori

Not everyone on the metal-rules forum is anti-Iron Maidens or a troll. It's pretty lame to dismiss everyone on the MR forum just because a few are assholes.

I agree.... and everyone has a right to their opinion.

Most definately....I'm very pro freedom of expression.

And a few critical apples doesn't make a forum or its members bad.

It's like Musical Darwinism. If we really do suck that bad then our crowds would be getting smaller not bigger.

I post on Metal rules.com every now and then. The board is too busy for me to keep tabs on, so i don't post very often or follow threads for too long -- otherwise I'd never leave my puter. Yes, 99.99999% of the people on Metal rules are really kewl metalheads, good intelligent people who are there because of the music and the community.

And yet, when my friend was being trounced to bits, insulted both physically and mentally, NO ONE said anything in his defense until myself and another friend o mine jumped in. people just let THREE DIFFERENT THREADS run, completely ridiculing someone who was a frequent poster of the list and a fellow metalhead. I was pretty irked. Sometimes people forget that there are real people behind the screen names and say things that they would never otherwise say to another human being. So... anyway... I'll step off my soapbox now.... :) The assholes are fortunately very few and far between. :)

As for the criticisms on the Maidens, it's good for a band to hear constructive feedback, both good and bad, because then they can use it as a tool to get that much better. non-constructive inane babble is a waste of time for all involved.

MAAANNNNN, am I on a rampage or what... must be that time of the month...

Like Dirty Harry said "Opinions are like as#holes. Everyone's got one." :) I go with what this board is saying, you can't please everyone.

Actually, it's been a while since I saw the series, and dont remember that quote being in there, I saw it on someone's signature on a different board I think.

Originally posted by Hattori

Not everyone on the metal-rules forum is anti-Iron Maidens or a troll. It's pretty lame to dismiss everyone on the MR forum just because a few are assholes.

When I read these statements your referring too (and write them), I'm interpreting them to referring to the few sour apples in that forum and not the entire forum. At least for me anyways. Many times I notice it's because people are just lazy and use words loosely (but they have good intensions). Consequently this can be taken out of intended context and create havoc. ...geeze this is how rumors start... BUT, it's good to speak up because that keeps people (at least me) from being a lazy writer or continuing to be a lazy writer.

On another note... there's some great comments out there. I like that 'Musical Darwinism'...so true.