ppl talking about The Iron Maidens at metal-rules.com

Hey Mel,

Which threads are you talking about? I'm usually pretty quick to come to someone's aid if I think he/she is being unjustly ridiculed. I must have missed those threads. And yes, there are a few immature assholes on that board, but most of the people there are pretty cool.

-Mark

Not a big deal Marky Mark....just some peeps didn't care for my singing "through the dry Galaxy Theatre mixer w/ no effect" voice. I won't shed a tear over it. I know the MP3s on our site sound a little on the crappy side. Shit...I don't like the way they sound either. Where the HELL is Martin Birch when I need him?

Dreamaster was kind enough to let us know about it. Constructive criticism I like where peeps actually pick out parts of what they don't like and explain WHY....too much this or not enough that...or on this part this....

What i can't stand are the vague critiques like "she doesn't sound like herself when she sings." or She "tries to hard with her vocals." This tells me absolutely nothing. These are people who don't know me or my "normal voice" so I can't begin to understand what they'd like me to work on or update...comparing my Bruce impression to my normal voice when they've never heard my 'normal voice.' Whatever that is...

Now if they said, "Jenny your vibratto is so damn thick during Wasted Years, it makes me want to vomit everytime I hear it." or "God Damn it Jenny, you sound like you're constipated and taking a giant shit during the Number of the Beast scream," I can understand where they are coming from because it is SPECIFIC.

Hee hee hee

Being that I see the shows from the backline now, I get to notice things that the Metal Rules crowd doesn't necessarily get to see.

When the band is playing on the stage, they're playing live. THIS IS NOT A TAPE RECORDING, except for the intro for the show, the Powerslave and Number of the Beast intros and the Monty Python tune. If they want note perfect renditions of the material being performed, I suggest that they stay home and listen to their Iron Maiden records/CDs/tapes or whatever format they have their studio recordings on.

When playing live, mistakes WILL happen. Often times, the band is not completely at fault. Crappy monitor mixes; dodging beer bottles on the stage; getting hair stuck in tuning pegs or on microphones; the occasional jackass getting on the stage; the banner falling on the drummer; over-excitement of the band members; road crew accidentally pulling the plug on guitar amplifiers...All of these things can help lead to a show that is less than perfect and I have seen ALL of these and more things happen while the band is performing.

Yes, women playing Maiden tunes is a novelty, and that's a shame. I would love to see more women playing Metal of ALL types. Of course, Metal is usually adopted more by men rather than women. (Must be the testosterone thing or something...)

The comment about the Maidens not playing as well as Maiden was absolute bullshit. Two of the members are Musician's Institute graduates. Try telling me to my face that these women can't play and I'll use the goddamn microphone stand on your head. :mad: And Jocke saying they're crap without a reason...Well, I'll just rename him/her/it, "Jock Itch." :D

Enough of me...Oh, BTW, Chickinson, Martin Birch retired. Guess he made enough bread doing the production thing. :worship:

SMYLEX, you absolutely RULE...I like to hear feedback on all the shows...I forget about all the little mishaps and we've had a few.

Heeee heeee heeeee

We just go up there and have a good time and try to give the audience the best show we possibly can...Peeps should SEE the show before being so damn critical of a few live audio recordings compressed and downloaded off the internet. It's all fun.

I often wonder how the albums would have turned out if Martin Birch hadn't retired. You can definitely tell the difference due to his absense. Hey Jen, give Martin a call... maybe he'd be up for a fun side project in support of you.

Well... it was worth a laugh. hehehe...but wouldn't that be cool?

Here's a real fact that for those of you that don't know may find interesting...

Iron Maiden's first album was not produced by Martin Birch, BUT Iron Maiden wanted him to do it. However, Iron Maiden never approached Martin Birch because they thought that he would not be interested since he was working with big bands at that time. Later, after it was produced, they then approached Martin to ask about producing their second album only to find out that Martin asked them why they didn't approach him for their first album, DOAH! It turns out Martin would have loved to do it (IF he would have been approached).

EMI must have been desperate to sign the band. Most labels won't allow you to pick your own producer for your first few albums.

Actually it's a big long story behind how they got signed. The whole story is in their biography book and is actually interesting. I don't remember all the details, but if I recall correctly it was quite difficult for them to get signed because at that time, punk was the big thing. The person that actually signed them had went to their show to see them play (Rod Smallwood told this guy that could sign them to go see them - that's another story), but he ended up being late to the show and basically was stuck in the back row and was unable to even see them play - even though he could hear them. The fans were going absolutely nuts and this guy thought if the fans think they're this good, I've got to sign them. The rest is history.

Pretty wild eh? That would've been so awesome to be at those shows...oh wait a minute... The Iron Maidens!

Originally posted by Thundersteel
Dreammaster: you have been a member of Metal-Rules-com for a long time now. You know that there are a couple of thousand registered members on our board and that the few people who posted in that thread didn't represent the board as a whole.

You will find that most people on MRs have no problem with the Iron Maidens.

To Massive Metal. You don't know as much about Metal-Rules.com as you think you do. If you think that everyone there is into death metal you might want to check us out. You might want to get out of the house yourself sometime.

I'm back from vacations(sort of) and very surprised how this thread turned out to be.
Well, when I posted this thread i just wanted to create a healthy discussion around the criticism that existed in ONE thread in the Metal-rules forum(which means that only some ppl have negative views about the Iron Maidens and some headsoff spoke in an imature way.) that has lot of threads with intelegent discussions.
So, I believe that ppl have realized that now and realized that wherever you go you will have always some fucked up minds with shitty replies to give.

Cheers.