Warren, MI
www.gabbo.net
For those interested, here's the track list for this year's house music:

Disc 1:
-------

01 - Hardcore Superstar - Beg For It
02 - Cain's Offering - Oceans Of Regret
03 - Mind Key - The Seventh Seal
04 - Vangough - Paradise For The Lost (The Twilight Part I Deception)
05 - Narnia - Sail Around The World
06 - Anubis Gate - Yiri
07 - Flashback Of Anger - All I Have
08 - Edguy - Ministry Of Saints
09 - Crimfall - The Crown Of Treason
10 - Turunen, Tarja - I Walk Alone
11 - Killing Touch - The Touch
12 - Silent Memorial - Human Mind

Disc 2:
-------

01 - Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos (A Necrologue For The Elite)
02 - Persona Non Grata - Shade In The Light
03 - Chickenfoot - Oh Yeah
04 - Stratovarius - Forever is Today
05 - Bloodbound - Sweet Dreams Of Madness
06 - Illusion Suite - Scarlet Skies
07 - Masterstroke - As Days Grow Darker
08 - Aeon Zen - Time Divine
09 - Revolution Renaissance - Age Of Aquarius
10 - Futures End - Inner Self
11 - Leprous - Phantom Pain
12 - Devin Townsend Project - Coast

Disc 3:
-------

01 - Fairyland - Score To A New Beginning
02 - Oceans Of Sadness - Self-Fulfilling Prophecy
03 - Redemption - Walls
04 - Heaven and Hell - Bible Black
05 - Lacuna Coil - Spellbound
06 - Trivium - Kirisute Gomen
07 - Borealis - From The Fading Screams
08 - Alestorm - Leviathan
09 - Leaves' Eyes - My Destiny
10 - Sons Of Seasons - Gods Of Vermin
11 - Crimson Cult - Lava Machine

Disc 4:
-------

01 - DGM - Not In Need
02 - Manimal - Shadows
03 - Riverside - egoist hedonist
04 - Hammerfall - No Sacrifice No Victory
05 - Cage - Planet Crusher
06 - Delain - April Rain
07 - Amorphis - Silver Bride
08 - Mystic Prophecy - Across The Gates Of Hell
09 - Pain - Monkey Business
10 - Lazarus AD - Thou Shall Not Fear
11 - Saint Deamon - Pandeamonium
12 - Primal Fear - Six Times Dead (166)

Disc 5:
-------

01 - Machines Of Grace - Fly Away
02 - Inmoria - Come Insanity
03 - Coldspell - Solid Ground
04 - Fool's Game - Mass Psychosis
05 - Pathosray - Crown Of Thorns
06 - Pure Inc - Serenade Of Aggression
07 - Axxis - Utopia
08 - Spheric Universe Experience - Down Memory Lane
09 - Jorn - Rock 'N' Roll Angel
10 - Adagio - Fear Circus
11 - Kerion - Last Quest
12 - Eyefear - Bridge To The Past

I hope everyone enjoyed the tunes. See you again next year!

Later,
Pat

Was the Rammsteins song from the PA though, or was it part of Brainstorm's stage act?

Just because it seemed like they waited right till it finished to open the curtain, and once that song came on they cranked it

It was part of Brainstorm's act. It was way too loud to be PA music, and with the house lights off, it was definitely part of the show.

I have to wonder if the band understands the meaning of the song since it's actually kind of an anti-America song as it's about cultural values lost through globalization/culture colonization. Good song but odd start to a set from a band that seemed to love America in a non satirical way.

Though the song did play 90% of the way through before the lights went out I think.

I have to wonder if the band understands the meaning of the song since it's actually kind of an anti-America song as it's about cultural values lost through globalization/culture colonization. Good song but odd start to a set from a band that seemed to love America in a non satirical way.

Though the song did play 90% of the way through before the lights went out I think.

Yes, the lights were on for at least 90% of it. The Scorpions "Coming Home" played when the lights were turned off. However, since the House Music showcases new material, and it isn't listed on any of the CD's, I assumed it was part of their intro.

Yeah I thought it was a really odd choice too, but figured they were using it "loosely" :lol: Even if the lights were on for 90% of that song, it was loud enough that several people in the lobby (and me in the bathroom) thought they had already gone on. I was so upset that I missed their entrance... until much to my pleasant but confused surprise I opened the door to see the curtain still closed and heard Rammstein! :lol:

I doubt it. Remember how Andy was saying how glad he was to perform in the US? So maybe he thought it was a pro-America song?