PR rep

maestro41

May 2, 2011
I was in barnes and noble the other day, drinking a grande dark roast, and going through guitar world, guitar player, and so forth and I noticed that Sym X is nowhere to be seen. No advertisement, no articles, no endorsements. I remember MJR was saying something like the music is to be more accessible or so. Well, I think that is one point but if they would like more accessibility, I think they have to strut their stuff a bit, not in a bragging way, but to be accessible. Write columns on theory or technique or their experiences , tab out a song or two. Lend themselves to interviews in those kinds of magazines with that kind of press. I see bands like Periphery plastered all over the place. I dont mean anything against Periphery in anyway, they sound like a super band but I think you know what I am trying to say. I know for damned sure, if anyone put out a DVD tutorial they would be gobbled up fast. The same is true for a concert. Sonata Arctica did.

I was in barnes and noble the other day, drinking a grande dark roast, and going through guitar world, guitar player, and so forth and I noticed that Sym X is nowhere to be seen. No advertisement, no articles, no endorsements. I remember MJR was saying something like the music is to be more accessible or so. Well, I think that is one point but if they would like more accessibility, I think they have to strut their stuff a bit, not in a bragging way, but to be accessible. Write columns on theory or technique or their experiences , tab out a song or two. Lend themselves to interviews in those kinds of magazines with that kind of press. I see bands like Periphery plastered all over the place. I dont mean anything against Periphery in anyway, they sound like a super band but I think you know what I am trying to say. I know for damned sure, if anyone put out a DVD tutorial they would be gobbled up fast. The same is true for a concert. Sonata Arctica did.

Romeo could have been referring to the music itself as being more accessible. I think Periphery is going to be more popular by default as they're playing a more popular style with that hardcore djent craze that's unfortunately sweeping the metal scene.

Romeo could have been referring to the music itself as being more accessible. I think Periphery is going to be more popular by default as they're playing a more popular style with that hardcore djent craze that's unfortunately sweeping the metal scene.

Yes, I agree with you. I think he did mean that he intends the music to be more accessible. BUT---- I cant help but imagine how more accessible it would be if they were a bit more.... what is the word.... accessible. yeah. lol. Or rather, availed themselves more. Maybe that is not the way to phrase it as I certainly dont know how those mechanisms work. Let me say it like this: If I seen Sym X in an issue of guitar world.. I would tell two friends.....

I think the only way for Symphony X to become more accessible to the masses is to completely change their style, and that's the last thing I want.

I'll take cheesy songs about killer machines over any of the popular metal these days, and I don't even consider Symphony X to be that cheesy. I certainly don't cringe over anything they do... OK maybe The Witching Hour, but nothing like *cough*mikeportnoysdayafterdaynightafternightmalarkey*cough*

I think the only way for Symphony X to become more accessible to the masses is to completely change their style, and that's the last thing I want.

I'll take cheesy songs about killer machines over any of the popular metal these days, and I don't even consider Symphony X to be that cheesy. I certainly don't cringe over anything they do... OK maybe The Witching Hour, but nothing like *cough*mikeportnoysdayafterdaynightafternightmalarkey*cough*

no man, I am not even saying they are cheesy and should change. I completely love Sym X; I dont know what to say about Portnoy; but pls, lets not make this thread about him. .

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never seen them mentioned in those magazines either. I think the problem with Symphony X is poor MARKETING. Nowadays, it's not enough to write good songs, release great albums and give superb live performances. Marketing is the secret of the business.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've never seen them mentioned in those magazines either. I think the problem with Symphony X is poor MARKETING. Nowadays, it's not enough to write good songs, release great albums and give superb live performances. Marketing is the secret of the business.

yes, you are right I would believe. I would bet that things would be different if they would. They certainly have a marketable product.

Our webmaster has been working on it, but has had a recent death in the family. But hey, thanks for your understanding.