Pre Maiden Show Meet up

Archmagician said:
Changing places this late in the game is a BAD idea in my opinion. Now we have to hope everyone who had planned to attend the pre-show meetup reads this message board before Saturday or they show up to Knowlwoods and "suprise, surprise" no one is there.

Also, we are bringing around 60 people to the knowlwoods gathering alone! That many people along with all of the others from the other boards will mean that the Yardhouse would be a COMPLETE madhouse. Its going to be hard to even find a fucking seat to eat at.

With it THAT crowded and that much chaos going on, there is no way you're going to be able to interact with that many people anyway. If you even tried to, you wouldnt have time to eat. Lets face it, we need to leave there by around 6:20pm or we will miss the opening act. It takes a LONG time to get parked, searched, and walked over to your seats (I am talking about at Verizon not at the Yardhouse).

Knowlwoods is a BIG place. Its got plenty of seating. It will be fairly easy to confine our group to one section and for us all to talk.

Look, I'll meet up at Yardbirds if you want to change it, but lets face it, its a BAD idea.

I'll go wherever everyone wants to go.:) I'm easy. Let's just decide soon. You're right about Yardhouse being busy ~ it's really busy anytime there is a concert. How is parking at Knowlwood's?

Steph Harris said:
How is parking at Knowlwood's?

Gotta love Google.........Click on Satellite and zoom in.

That is the aerial shot of Knowlwoods. It looks to be about 3 miles from the Spectrum. Maybe drop vehicles off at the Spectrum on the way for carpooling. :err:

I've never been up there but from the aerial view it hardly looks like a place to leave cars. Seems an easy stop and drop at the Spectrum on the way to the ampitheatre.

Jim

Archmagician said:
I think it should be an ok place to leave cars. That big brown building next to it is a hotel! :D People leave their cars there all the time. :p

I say lets stick to the original plan of Knowlwoods. It's a big place, and its never crowded. :kickass:
Okay, I'm making a command decision (for myself at least). :) I'm going to Knowlwoods. As much as it would be cool to meet as many Maiden fans as possible ~ it will be hard to manage at Yardhouse with that many people. I've been to Yardhouse on concert nights before and it's always a zoo. We'll all eventually see each other at the concert anyway. :)

Steph Harris said:
Okay, I'm making a command decision (for myself at least). :) I'm going to Knowlwoods. As much as it would be cool to meet as many Maiden fans as possible ~ it will be hard to manage at Yardhouse with that many people. I've been to Yardhouse on concert nights before and it's always a zoo. We'll all eventually see each other at the concert anyway. :)

Aye, Aye Captain W. :) See you there.

Jim

BTW, I just want to make sure that no one took my "Bad idea" post as being insulting. It wasnt meant to be. I just strongly felt that it was a better idea to meet at Knowlwoods (Believe me I dont own Knowlwoods stock :lol: ).

I really look forward to meeting all of you!!!

What is the name of that hotel name Arch? Depending what time all this ends I may crash up there rather than drive back to SD at 2 in the morning.

Sunday is our 7th anniversary so I can't sleep until 1 in the afternoon. :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: My wife would kill me.

Jim

spideyjg said:
What is the name of that hotel name Arch? Depending what time all this ends I may crash up there rather than drive back to SD at 2 in the morning.

Sunday is our 7th anniversary so I can't sleep until 1 in the afternoon. :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: My wife would kill me.

Jim

clear.gif

La Quinta Inn
Irvine Spectrum

14972 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: (949)551-0909
Fax: (949)551-2945

Archmagician said:
BTW, I just want to make sure that no one took my "Bad idea" post as being insulting. It wasnt meant to be. I just strongly felt that it was a better idea to meet at Knowlwoods (Believe me I dont own Knowlwoods stock :lol: ).

I really look forward to meeting all of you!!!

No problem. It was just a suggestion. If we have some members that don't check the board often enough to see a change, then my suggestion wouldn't work out.

I guess I'll just head over to Yardhouse at 3 and hang there for a while before heading over to Knowlwoods.

Puckfiend said:
Irvine has a curfew of 11 pm I believe since there are homes within earshot of the venue.

So what time do you truly get out of the venue and the traffic after a show there?

Jim

spideyjg said:
So what time do you truly get out of the venue and the traffic after a show there?

Don't know..haven't parked in the main lot in a couple years.

I used to park across the street in the business complex and got out of there no problem. But someone told me they started towing cars that park over there now. So I would suggest parking as close to the exit as possible since there's only one way out. :erk:

The closer you park to the exit/entrance, the quicker you will get out. It's not that bad. Just don't be one of those fools who leave early, before the show is over, just to get out to avoid dealing with the traffic.

Congrats to Iron Maiden - the show is officially SOLD OUT! Last time they played in the LA area (not incl. Ozzfest - what a disaster) they could not sell 3/4 of Long Beach Arena, which is smaller than Verizon Wireless.

I usually park slightly outside the city limits of Irvine and walk. I need the exercise and simply walk through the traffic jam fighting to get out.

Jeff Milne said:
I usually park slightly outside the city limits of Irvine and walk. I need the exercise and simply walk through the traffic jam fighting to get out.

That might seem like a good idea before the show, but I know everytime we've done that and had to walk miles back to wherever we were staying afterwards, battered and bruised, it's not quite such a good idea!! :lol:

All set now. Got me a reservation to stay overnight.

Gotta pack up an overnight bag and should be up a little early so what else is in the area to do? The Spectrum is some big mall I assume?

Jim

Yea, the sprectrum is a huge mall. You name it, they got it. You'll have no problem burning time there. Go seen an IMAX movie (if it's a good movie playing). The IMAX is impressive. There's something like 21 theaters there, so you could even slip into other movies, but if you want IMAX, you can't slip into that, you have to buy that ticket, then slip into other theaters from there.

Parking - Drumslut has it right. Don't leave early to beat the rush out. You can minimize your exit by parking near the exit. Sometimes I'll hang for 15 minutes or so, you'd be surprised how much it dies down when doing that.