Dax Riggs - Say Goodnight to the World

Acacia Strain - Wormwood
Demon Hunter - The World is a Thorn
Solution .45 - Aeons Past
And Hell Followed With - Proprioception
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - Danza III
A Plea For Purging - The Marriage
Centuries Apart - Malachi [EP]

Alter Bridge and Stone Sour releases are a few of the only ones I've been remotely interested in this year and they're both not out for another few months. No Tesla or Darkest Hour until at least early next year. Bah.

This year has been a crock, the last decent year for solid releases I can remember was 08, less so in 09 and this year has just been terrible, I cant even think of anything to nominate.

This year has been very poor quality-wise.
For me, hands down winner is Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones. Quality stuff from Tom G, really looking forward to the EP they're releasing.

Other than that, probably Aborted - "Coronary Reconstruction", new Nevermore and Watain - "Lawless Darkness".
Very disappointed with the new Iron Maiden and Misery Index.

The Amity Affliction - Youngbloods: deserves a mention since I normally don't listen to anything in this style at all, yet I've spun this album countless times. Good live too.
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance: A well crafted, brutal mindfuck.
Deivos - Gospel of Maggots: Just good and to my tastes in BDM.
Fleshwrought - Dementia/Dyslexia: Like a better version of the Faceless with the interest of Animosity (courtesy of Navene, obviously). This album fucking rules and I'm surprised no one on here has mentioned it yet.
Kayo Dot - Coyote: Was panned a bit by the die-hards, but I guess I'm not a die-hard. Interesting meandering journey from this crew.
Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy: Perhaps the vocals are a bit weaker than usual but not the point of warranting all the melodrama I've read on these boards. Just as good as TGE but with a different atmosphere.
Soreption - Deterioration of Minds: Kinda disappointed by the production and music in general, but the riffs.... oh god the riffs! Also surely the tightest rhythm playing I've ever heard/seen.

Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones, probably heaviest 2010 album I've heard this far

Hooded Menace - Never Cross the Dead, awesome melodic doomy death

Looking forward to Melechesh and Morbid Angel

Morbid Angel is not going to be out this year.

just wanted to say that the new Swans rapes everything else this year and that Gira is back. that is all.

I wish I could have got into Kayo Dot - Coyote more, I was looking forward to it, ended up really boring me haha.
Hoping for some more Secret Chiefs 3 this year. Hopefully Spruance will pull his finger out and release book of souls.

The ghost inside - returners
Deftones - Diamond eyes
soilwork - the panic broadcast
attack attack - self titled (its a legit cd)
The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza - Danza III

The more I spin 'As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise' the more solid I think it is. Brilliant songwriting all around!

My other favourites for the year have been

Blind Witness - Nightmare on Providence Street
Ghost Inside - Returners
Acacia Strain - Wormwood
Haste the Day - Attack of the Wolf King