Presonus Central Station phase probs

Frank'nfurter

Thrash till death
Sep 1, 2004
Lörrach, Germany
www.gurd.net
Has anybody of the CS1 user here realised that the cue outputs have a inverted phase? FUCK!!!!
Before I had the CS1 I send the stereo outputs from the desk to the headphone matrix as master signal and some free routable signals like click, git, bass, drums, vox and so on to the headphone matrix too so the listener can do his own headphone mix.
Now with the CS1 the stereo master signal comes from the CS1 cue output. The other signals goes the same way like before. If I try now to mix a little more vox or the other separat signals in the headphone matrix amp the selected instrumend or vox disappeares what indicates that the CS1 cue output has phase inverting.
I have no idea that this is intended by Presonus maybe for noise cancellation if you have bleed from the headphones during recording vox. There is no hint in the user manual.
If so I have to connect a additional phase inverter in the chain. This is annoying!!!:mad:

Frank'nfurter said:
Has anybody of the CS1 user here realised that the cue outputs have a inverted phase? FUCK!!!!
Before I had the CS1 I send the stereo outputs from the desk to the headphone matrix as master signal and some free routable signals like click, git, bass, drums, vox and so on to the headphone matrix too so the listener can do his own headphone mix.
Now with the CS1 the stereo master signal comes from the CS1 cue output. The other signals goes the same way like before. If I try now to mix a little more vox or the other separat signals in the headphone matrix amp the selected instrumend or vox disappeares what indicates that the CS1 cue output has phase inverting.
I have no idea that this is intended by Presonus maybe for noise cancellation if you have bleed from the headphones during recording vox. There is no hint in the user manual.
If so I have to connect a additional phase inverter in the chain. This is annoying!!!:mad:

Maybe you have a bad cable? Check your terminations, too. You may have 1/4" TRS on the CS-1 outputs instead of mono/unbalanced.

metalkingdom said:
Maybe you have a bad cable? Check your terminations, too. You may have 1/4" TRS on the CS-1 outputs instead of mono/unbalanced.

That was my guess because I have not had any similar problems with mine.

Frank'nfurter said:
All checked. There is definitely a 180° Phase reverse on the cue output.

I will have to test this when I get off of work and get back 2 you...