Presonus DAW?

I was trying to find a price for a dealer from Sweden but they didn't even list the fucking product in their webpage. Way to go!

I got an offer to upgrade to Ableton Live 8 for 269€, which is not much cheaper than 399$ so I could very well consider this DAW since it looks nice and seems to be smooth. Would need a looooooong test drive of it first though...

I like the fact of the drag and drop things, mastering, bundled plugins, the fact it has a sampler where you can use your own samples in etc

See how much is comes out as in the UK but im keeping an eye on this for sure.

I'm a bit of a retard when it comes to "trying out all daws out there", but basic shit like Drag 'n Drop for just about everything, bundled plugins and samplers etc are right there in Ableton Live already, which is why I got stuck in it and have no reason to get out. But what I feel right now is that I will probably "outgrow" Ableton Live since I'm not using it for Live performance, I'm using it for studio recording etc in my own little rehearsal studio, and Ableton Live doesn't really have a lot to compete with other DAWs when it comes to actual studio recording tools etc. The plugins are great in my opinion but the actual editing tools etc aren't. Although they're upgrading the studio section in Live 8, I still don't think it's gonna compete with the standard Cubase, Pro Tools and shit...

... which is why I'm actually a bit curious about this DAW by Presonus. Cubase is too expensive for me, Ableton Live is just about right when it comes to price but Presonus Studio One wasn't too bad either. If only I could actually buy it from the goddamn swedish retailer :D Anyway... let's see if there's a demo of it... *searches*

I think it looks interesting, who know how it'll perform up against the 4 big name DAWs out there now. (Pro tools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar)
It's designed by the Kristal Audio engine guys, former Cubase/Nuendo engineers.

I think it looks interesting, who know how it'll perform up against the 4 big name DAWs out there now. (Pro tools, Cubase, Logic, Sonar)
It's designed by the Kristal Audio engine guys, former Cubase/Nuendo engineers.

That's pretty cool.
Kristal Audio Engine was the first DAW I ever used and it was insanely easy to use. Pretty smooth workflow.

I'm pretty willing to bet that this DAW will be pretty damn good.

At that price they will have a hard time capturing a good size user base Id guess... For $400 you could have Reaper or Logic Express for less... Or for a couple of bucks more, a Mbox and LE, or Logic Studio. If they were really serious about making a splash, they should have priced it cheap.

It looks very innovative in terms of its UI and focus toward being a complete solution. The mastering section is very interesting. One advantage to it is that it is the only DAW for Mac that I know of that supports both AU and VST plugin formats.

looking into this a little more it gets a little more interesting..

It was coded by the guy that created Nuendo....

Nuendo 1 was rocksolid amazing out of the gate...once the programmer left and Steinberg took over ( they bought Nuendo)..it got progressively buggier and bloated...

I would bet the audio editing is going to be rock solid out of the gate...

on the flip side the new version of reaper is gonna be amazing once it's out of beta! ( the beta for 3 is amazing with some really unique features)

Looks promising. Since I've been using pre-sonus hardware, I'm very excited I must say. The only question in my mind is, of course: EDITING.

Give me a rollin editing function that can compete with Pro-Tools, I'm sold right away.

And as for the price thing, it depends on what they can offer. I mean seriously, is there anything useful in Cubase 5 that worths money? No beat detective, no editing capabilitiy...Just bunch of samples. When I first heard about Cubase 5, I said "this time, they're gonna make it". But they didn't.

All I see is millenium falcon looking cubase sx with 64 bit support.

I hope they handle updates for this better than they have done with the 64-bit drivers for the Firestudio 26x26. For those of you out of the small loop on that - Presonus has promised 64-bit drivers for the FS26x26 for over 2 years now with nothing delivered.

Seriously. In my experience Presonus hardware is great, but their software is seriously lacking...

So what? It doesn't take that long to edit stuff in place by hand. Split, move, crossfade.

well that's my another point. it takes too long in cubase next to pro tools. split, move, trim crossfade but all with different keys or buttons.

I'm a Presonus user, and I gotta say....they can't even code their drivers correctly, how can they possibly meke a whole DAW worth a shit?

end rant