Presonus FireBox And Energy Saving?

Vargsjael

Jan 25, 2006
Hey!

I bought a Firebox some weeks ago, and im super happy with it, Went through some serious trouble of getting it to work. But at last it works perfectly!

But now to my question, as i said. I have had a lot of issues getting it to work, and one of those issues was a jumping CPU meter in every DAW i used, and that made my projects crackle and distort. Then for some reason i happened to change the Energy saving scheme in windows to Always on. And when i did that, the CPU went stable, and no more crackling sounds and so on. And it works like a charm, but to me that makes no sense at all? Why should the Energy Saving settings affect my CPU?

If anyone has an answer i would be very happy to hear it.

Keep up the good Work on the Forum!

Afaik the CPU runs at lower GHz (may even get down to MHz, dunno) if you set your computer to Energy Saving. Just think about it: How should it save energy if not through consuming less power? And how is that accomplished? Well, I guess mainly by making the display not shine so bright and running the CPU "slower".

Alrajt, i understand. But then, the strange thing is that when i have set it to ALWAYS ON. It works better, shouldnt it be the other way around if your theory is correct?