Previous Saxon Tourdates

Infernali1

Dec 7, 2005
I was wondering if anyone out there knows who supported Saxon on the UK Crusader tour in 1984. I know its a long time ago. It appears that Accept supported in Germany. Also anyone know who supported them on the European leg of the Unleash The Beast tour in 1998. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

I was there and I'm positive it was a Band called VERITY!!! or something similar, actually there mighthave been 2 support bands, I'll need to find my ticket, but Verity was one band anyway. Yes I know WHO!!!!

Hmm, don't remember the name. If you find your ticket then would be great . Mine doesnt name the support act or acts.

I recall seeing Saxon on the Crusader tour at Birmingham Odeon, and they had a band called "Battle-Axe" supporting them. Afterwards, the bell went in the bar and the auditorium filled up, the lights dimmed, curtain up and...................<paaaarp> there stood a second support band called Verity!
The crowd made plenty of noise for them, but as I recall, most of it was along the lines of "Oh dear, this isn't Saxon. Please go away". Or something.......LOL
The band had such a good night, the singer said "Goodnight Manchester" at the end of the set. We "cheered" them some more..........he he.

for the Crusader tour, I believe Saxon played San Antonio in the Majestic theater and I believe it was Armored Saint who opened that one... It was another fabulous show...

-Imp

Badlad said:
I recall seeing Saxon on the Crusader tour at Birmingham Odeon, and they had a band called "Battle-Axe" supporting them. Afterwards, the bell went in the bar and the auditorium filled up, the lights dimmed, curtain up and...................<paaaarp> there stood a second support band called Verity!
The crowd made plenty of noise for them, but as I recall, most of it was along the lines of "Oh dear, this isn't Saxon. Please go away". Or something.......LOL
The band had such a good night, the singer said "Goodnight Manchester" at the end of the set. We "cheered" them some more..........he he.
That was it Battle Axe, I had that in the back of my head as I was sure there were two supports on that tour, well done for putting me out of my mysery :worship:

klandrea said:
Hi Infernali1,

you asked for the supporting act of Saxon in 1998: Royal Hunt

Thanks for that. I just couldn't remember at all.
Don't remember Battleaxe at all playing, but maybe I was a drunk. Been listening to Battleaxe recently too.

I was at both nights at the Hammy on the Crusader tour, but for my life can't remember who supported Saxon. I have definitely seen both Verity and Battleaxe supporting Saxon, so I suppose it must have been those two on the Crusader tour. So America gets Fastway and Accept, and we get Verity and Battleaxe?!! What the f**k! :lol:

I was wondering if anyone out there knows who supported Saxon on the UK Crusader tour in 1984. I know its a long time ago. It appears that Accept supported in Germany. Also anyone know who supported them on the European leg of the Unleash The Beast tour in 1998. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Yes, I actually have seen two bands in online records: Verity and Battleaxe. There is information on Battleaxe, but nothing on Verity, except for Argent's John Verity. I saw Saxon in Mainz, Germany on the Crusader tour (just over 38 years ago according to the alert I got from ConcertArchives.org) and I was trying to remember who opened. Odd that Saxon wouldn't have taken out a band with an album on the road.

I was there and I'm positive it was a Band called VERITY!!! or something similar, actually there mighthave been 2 support bands, I'll need to find my ticket, but Verity was one band anyway. Yes I know WHO!!!!

According to Discogs, they had 3 albums, and the one they toured on was released in 1983.

Hiatus until 1989, when they released their second. Looks as though John Verity (of Argent) was the front for that band.