Saxon in the UK

Well just about everyone I met from the LA mtal scene was a jerk. Except Jani Lane from Warrent, and the boys from Armored Saint were pretty cool to, theres just too many fucked up people to really name. But I put them all in prety much the same catagorie as dawliverxon(o/dsaoxon, and from now on I will refer to them as dawliverxon as attatchin the name saxon to these to are nots is almost a capitol crime). We did some shows with Dirty Looks wich had a guy from Erie Hennrik Ostergaard there playing guitar, and they were all cool, buy the way Dio's stage manager on the Angry Machines tour can still kiss my ass, I wasn't looking to do the music thing professionally if it ment I had to be a piece of wet cardboard and not try REAL HARD to put on the best show for the paying public that I could. JERK. He got all pissy with us cause we wern't "profesionall" and went out there and ripped the roof off the fuckin place. Too bad if we made the headliner work for their paycheck that night. It's not about the bands buddy, it's about the fans getting their $ worth for it, after all, if the fans ain't spendin the $, on cd's, tickets, t-shirts, posters, etc. ,etc., etc., then there would be no reason for a concert, a tour or the band. And I can't even count the times I paid good money, and got left with a shitty preformance. That's why I'm thankfull for bands like Saxon, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Motorhead, and all others of their ilk that don't compromise on their fans. At least not on tour.Well that's it for now, see ya later, Rob.

So basically the Dio stage manager asked you to stand still and not try just in case you showed up DIO?!! And there was me thinking that the headline band should be far and away better then their support act. Afterall, that is why they are headlining, because they are the better more polished band!

I remember Ozzy saying once that he had to work damn hard every night when Metallica were supporting him. Obviously he never told Metallica to 'play it down'!

WELL BASICALLY THEY GAVE US ONE CRAPPY 2 12" WEDGE MONITOR FOR THE DRUMMER, LEAVING US NOTHING ELSE CAUSE IT WAS ALL SET FOR DIO ONLY. AND SAID DON'T STAND HERE , DON'T DO THIS , DON'T MOVE AROUND, DON'T WALK ON THESE ROAD BOXES, YOU KNOW , JUST DON'T DO YOUR SHOW. THEN, WE HAD 35 MIN TO PLAY. WHEN WE STARTED I CLICKED MY WATCH TIMER AND WAS KEEPING TRACK OF THE TIME. WITH ABOUT 3 MIN LEFT TO PLAY AND ON THE LAST GUITAR SOLO ON THE LAST SONG THE STAGE MANAGER SAID WE WERE DONE, AND OUR TIME WAS NOT UP.SO I TOLD RON(OUR GUITAR PLAYER) AND HE SAID GO TELL HIM TO F OFF SO I GO BACK AND SAID SORRY DUDE. HE WENT BALLISTIC BEHIND THE PA SYSTEM. THEN TRIED TO GET US KICKED OUT OF THE VENUE WHEN WE WERE DONE. BUT AS OUR DRUMMER WAS WORKING FOR THE PROMOTOR, AND HIRED OUR FREINDS AND ROAD CREW TO DO SECURITY THAT DID NOT HAPPEN. OH AND HE ALSO WENTOFF ON US IN THE DRESSING ROOM AFTER THE SHOW. THE GUYS FROM MY DYING BRIDE WERE TOURING WITH DIO AND WE SHARED THE DRESSING ROOM WITH THEM , WHEN HE LEFT THEY ALL CALLED HIM A STUPID CUNT. SEEMS HE'S PULLED THIS SHIT BEFORE, ANY HOW GOTTA GO, IT'S TIME TO GO TO WORK. LATER, ROB.

AT LEAST YOU HAD A GOOD CRACK . MY BANDS NEVER MADE PAST THE LOCAL ROCK PUBS STILL WE ACTED THE SEX, DRUGS ROCK N ROLL MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE WITH IT AND GOT AN O/D SAXON SUPPORT SLOT NOW WOUL HAVE BEEN FUN:D