Pricing

Slightly off topic, but there are a lot of people from Scotland on here. We should get together and do what we do best... get smashed!

Are you based in Scotland yourself?

Check yer PMs - We asked each other that a while back!! (I forgot that we'd talked previously as well..)

and yeah there's loads of Scottish people on here.. probably about 10 now?

Yes we did! haha, I'm shite at remembering names. I blame the alcohol.

I'm up in Thurso, Owen, about a million miles from civilisation. I'm down in Glasgow every once in a while, in fact, I'm down this weekend to pick the wife up :)

btw - how much editing is on those drums? And what's still real?

:)

I'm free this weekend so far.. but that may change within the next couple days.

Ah right, I know a guy from Thurso, his name's Jack and he plays in a band called NoExitWound. Don't suppose you know the band/him?

I'm in Fife at the moment, but I'm moving to Glasgow sometime in near September by the looks of it.

Öwen;8975807 said:
I'm in Fife at the moment, but I'm moving to Glasgow sometime in near September by the looks of it.
where in fife, and how come you're moving? college / uni?

Near Cupar, about two million miles from civilisation and yeah its for uni/any excuse to go somewhere a bit more social like.

My girlfriends family lived in Cupar.. just moved out to Freuchie last week.
What uni you going to?

I quantized the crap out of them. Totally quantized. I totally replaced the kick and blended the toms/snare with samples. Cymbals are all real and the room mics(2 of them) are giving that snare a lot of it's natural sound. I multi-sampled the snare to make it sound as human as possible. I just randomly put in hard and medium hits.

I'm not totally sure what day I'm down yet.

Öwen;8975807 said:
Ah right, I know a guy from Thurso, his name's Jack and he plays in a band called NoExitWound. Don't suppose you know the band/him?

You're shitting me?

Fuckin hell, I'm good mates with Jack and his band, and to top it all off, it's his band that I've just recorded(see the samples up the page)

Small world eh?

Ah, cool man.
I'm a lecturer / PhD researcher out at the West of Scotland uni :)

Not met anyone who's went on that course, so it'd be great to hear what you think!

You're shitting me?

Fuckin hell, I'm good mates with Jack and his band, and to top it all off, it's his band that I've just recorded(see the samples up the page)

Small world eh?

Really? Haha, that's quality, he was on the Hnc sound production in Perth last year, thats how I know him. He probably went away thinking I was a totally dour bastard, but he's a pretty sound guy.

But yeah, if you see him, say hi from me.

And shit man, I only listened to the first clip not the second one, which I totally recognise.

Yeah, that's totally bizarre. He's just set himself up with a Cubase 5 setup at home. He's a cracking drummer.

I'll pass on the hello for sure :)

Öwen;8975859 said:
And shit man, I only listened to the first clip not the second one, which I totally recognise.

Yeah, it's one of their older songs that they wanted to re-record, and to quote Jack "make it not sound like a country band"

Yeah, that's totally bizarre. He's just set himself up with a Cubase 5 setup at home. He's a cracking drummer.

Aye, I think he was a better musician than everyone on the course combined, he could just pick up anything and get a tune out of it, he seemed pretty disillusioned with the whole thing though, I don't really blame him - it was a year of pretty much just time wasting.

Last I spoke to him actually he had picked up Motu and some drum mics, I thought he was going to make a go of recording his band for himself but obviously he hasn't otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation. :)

Yeah, he spoke to me about the Motu as I put him onto it. I got it before I got my Pro Tools setup. He's only just got it working, well... I say him, I got it working for him :) He's a brilliant musician yeah. He was saying he spent more time playing than recording. He liked the live stuff more than the recording stuff I think.