Pro Tools 9

who has bought the airblog deal?
I bought it right away but I got a problem with the download of the windows version, basically the zip archive is allways corrupted!!!
the data2.cab is always broken, no matter how many times I downloaded the archive.
While there are some other files that are broken randomly!!!
fuck!
I'm downloading the update right now and see if it's just a problem of the full archive (they provided two versions update from 8 and full installation!!)
I'm not testing the mac version (wichi I downloaded as well) since I have a session I don't want to mess up!!!
Gotta send them an email! if some folks got a working link please send it!

Are you using a download manager like Orbit,DownloadThemAll, or DLMage ? if not you should be, the downloaders built into web browsers are crap and often do a bad job of downloading large files.

Try Orbit or DL Mage they both work great for me as i have a total crap web connection and was having real trouble downloading sound libraries.

I finally got my license and the download link. I have a super super crappy internet connection (loading at 110 KB/s) and I'm currently at 1,68 of 4,66 GB.
It said it will take 12 hours lol, so tomorrow morning it should be ready.. going to bed now.
I swear to god, if the downloaded is cancelled because of my shitty connection or the "every 24-hours disconnect" from the internet company I will hurt many people. virtually of course ;)

Don't feel unlucky, I did it with a 40ko/s connection that some days disconnect once an hour. I had to struggle during nights :)
Eww, That's bad. A dezent Internet conncection for everyone should Be in the law :D (like in Norway, or what Country was it?)
Apparently the download didn't stop but got slow: 60 kbit/s :( About 6 hours to go lol. Ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I finally got my license and the download link. I have a super super crappy internet connection (loading at 110 KB/s) and I'm currently at 1,68 of 4,66 GB.
It said it will take 12 hours lol, so tomorrow morning it should be ready.. going to bed now.
I swear to god, if the downloaded is cancelled because of my shitty connection or the "every 24-hours disconnect" from the internet company I will hurt many people. virtually of course ;)

did you buy the licence from the airusersblog offer? just wondering, because I didnt get mine yet ...

did you buy the licence from the airusersblog offer? just wondering, because I didnt get mine yet ...
yeah, just mail them your iLok ID (you should have a mail from them with information about their license problems) and you'll get a 30 day trial, and you can download the software. Funny enough they didn't send me the download link so I had to ask for the link again :D

By the way: Looks like my download stopped. It's at 3,09 GB since 20 minutes.. shit. I don't dare to click pause and then continue because it might start at zero again.

yeah, just mail them your iLok ID (you should have a mail from them with information about their license problems) and you'll get a 30 day trial, and you can download the software. Funny enough they didn't send me the download link so I had to ask for the link again :D

By the way: Looks like my download stopped. It's at 3,09 GB since 20 minutes.. shit. I don't dare to click pause and then continue because it might start at zero again.

alrite!
with orbit downloadmanager it went perfectly, constantly 700kb here!

:( Download cancelled. Goddamnit. Now using a downloadmanager.. 13 hours to go. :(
Used Jdownloader. It cancelled the download three times and instead of continueing the download were it stopped, it started a fresh one.
Nice, really! I now have a cancelled 3,3 GB dl, 2,1 and 1,6 GB.. and neither of them can be forced to continue downloading. Nice!

And why the hell can't we download it from AVIDs server, but from a fucking file sharing site? WTF
I already hate PT9 :mad:

As suggested by DigitalMetal, use orbit, is just better !!!!!
I downloaded the full installer for windows three fucking times (at work connection is fast) before I changed the downloadmanger.
Free downloadmanager sucked big time!!!!!!!! sorry for slate advicing this tool. That downloadmanager doesn't work :O

DownThemAll worked.
pt-downthemall.png

After three days of trying and downloading, PT is finally running. An has quite some annoying bugs (doesn't start because there's no mbox connected) before you trash the audioMIDI preferences and aggregated-devices.plist.. the icon is also missing. lulz

By the way (don't have the time to read through the 1200 pages of the manual right now), how do record different takes on the same position - and still be able to choose the best one afterwards? In Logic, you just record over the existing part(s) and it creates a take-folder, from which you can choose, combine and bounce the final take(s).
What possible ways are there in PT ?

Look in the manual for "playlists".
I would suggest, as AdamWathan suggested me and I still thank him for that, that you take a one month subscription at Groove3.com and watch all the Pro Tools tutorials there. VERY good stuff and much more entertaining than reading the manual.