Pro Tools Export Question

Feb 3, 2006
www.orchidfixation.co.uk
Morning all,

Not sure if this is in the right place or not... Anyway, this may be a really stupid question, so forgive me :p

I've got a job coming up mixing a band's CD. I use Sonar 5, but they'll be recording in Pro Tools (I don't know what the exact set up is). Given the choice, what's the best way to export the audio from Pro Tools for me to use in Sonar? I'm thinking they can either just export in AIFF (with full length tracks) or OMF - am I right or did I make that up?

Converting files shouldn't be a problem, though I'd rather not if I can get away with it.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Have them consolidate to zero and export as AIFF or WAV. No conversions are necessary.

Have them consolidate to zero and export as AIFF or WAV. No conversions are necessary.

Exactly. Tell them to consolidate every track to bar zero (after cleaning up edits of course) then using the "shift-apple-k" command in protools and exporting all the files to a new folder. Also get them to use the "export midi" command so you can get all the markers and tempo changes.

If they don't want to consolidate, then yes some sort of OMF would be good, but I have had nothing but trouble with that stuff (granted that's going logic to protools).