Pro-tools MP9 - Waves Plugins Issues

Joelegend

Joe not so legend
Jun 5, 2009
Belgium
I probably should contact waves for this, or look at their support forums, but maybe anyone of you had the same problem and has a fix for it.
I didn't had this issue before, everything used to work fine. But almost every one year i do a clean install of everything on my pc.

The problem: so when i make a project in PT, i use a bunch of plugins from Waves, i am using alot of Waves Api, just cause it makes every so nice n punchy. So basicly when i close the project and open it again later, all setting of the waves plugins are gone, on alot of plugins everything is just on MAX settings, busses are muted and no sound goes to the master.
I know its an issue with the waves plugins, cause when i for example use Kramer Master Tape, i get a short krak sound, and then all sound is gone, meters on the master stay at max, even after removing the plugin again from the project.

If you need some details, i am using an AMD powered pc with Windows 7 64bit, and all updates.

Many computer users can not completely uninstall the program for one reason or another. If some files and components of the program are still left in the system, that means the program is not completely removed and uninstalled. Those leftovers will slow down your computer and stuff your system with invalid files as well as result in many problems for your life, such as strange error popups and unable to install other programs.

I suggest that you completely uninstall Waves and then install them again.
Here is a guide on how to uninstall gtr3 but it's the same procedure. Try it and it will solve all your problems.

http://www.uninstallapp.com/article/How-to-uninstall-Waves-GTR-Solo-3.5.html

Hi Joe,

Give Waves Tech Support a call at 865-909-9200 extension 1 and they should get you squared away fairly quickly. We've expanded our Tech Support hours to 7 days a week and almost around the clock now, so it should be fairly easy to get them on the line.

They are open:

Sunday – Thursday 4:00am – 0:00am (EST)

Friday 9:00am – 0:00am (EST)

Saturday 4:00am – 0:00am (EST) - Urgent / Emergency Requests Only

Let us know how it turns out.

All the best,

Tim