Probably one of the most necessary album remixes ever...

In my opinion - the best band of all times!!

The mix sounds much more professional than the original one....but the snare sounds somehow..strange - very short and overclipped maybe, but still...I love it!

I'm a huge fan, absolutely love that album, but I honestly think it is one of the most absolutely unnecessary remixes ever. Yeah, it all sounds bigger and cleaner and better, but the original was already perfect, I never even thought that album could've used a better mix, which I do a lot with a lot of albums I love.

Yeah, it all sounds bigger and cleaner and better, but the original was already perfect.

Uhhh.....that makes no sense :p I think I know what you mean, though. The original mix was mediocre at best, the reasons you prefer it are strictly sentimental.

Let me ask you this question....if this was the original mix, and they remixed it to sound like it was before would you say "you know, before it sounded bigger, cleaner and better, but now it sounds perfect"....?

Uhhh.....that makes no sense :p I think I know what you mean, though. The original mix was mediocre at best, the reasons you prefer it are strictly sentimental.

Let me ask you this question....if this was the original mix, and they remixed it to sound like it was before would you say "you know, before it sounded bigger, cleaner and better, but now it sounds perfect"....?

Nah, you're right that saying it was perfect is an overstatement, it's much closer to "perfect" now, but I wouldn't dare say it was "mediocre at best". It's obviously a matter of taste, but this is a mix for which the idea of it needing to be "fixed" or "improved" never ever crossed my mind, it was just... "perfect" for the time, I can't see any flaws or issues with it at all, that's what I mean by "perfect". If it was the other way around it'd be weird of course, it would be like they took a modern 2016 Bogren metal mix and tried to make it sound "older", and that's probably impossible because that mix is clearly a reflection of its time (and it's not that old at all, but things have changed so much lately in terms of production that the change is clear).

Nah, you're right that saying it was perfect is an overstatement, it's much closer to "perfect" now, but I wouldn't dare say it was "mediocre at best". It's obviously a matter of taste, but this is a mix for which the idea of it needing to be "fixed" or "improved" never ever crossed my mind, it was just... "perfect" for the time, I can't see any flaws or issues with it at all, that's what I mean by "perfect". If it was the other way around it'd be weird of course, it would be like they took a modern 2016 Bogren metal mix and tried to make it sound "older", and that's probably impossible because that mix is clearly a reflection of its time (and it's not that old at all, but things have changed so much lately in terms of production that the change is clear).

Even back then the mix was....weird, in my opinion. I guess it wasn't bad, it was different. It's a "taste" thing, like you said. To me it sounded like a recorded band rehearsal (like all POS albums before that), completely dry and without any polish. It wasn't unbearable to listen to, but it was distracting at times. I assume it was probably a conscious choice by the band, which would be fine but it doesn't suit this particular style of music. So, maybe the mix didn't need to be "fixed" but it needed a very different approach which, in my opinion (as evidenced by the video above), compliments the music much better and brings out more of its potential and makes it more enjoyable to listen to. I'm really looking forward to listening to the whole remixed album.