problem installing new pickup

Apr 7, 2016
so i got a Dimarzio Air Norton for the neck position in my Ibanez 6-string i´m pimping up right now. and as with a lot of pickups one coil has normal pins while the other coil has screws. on the wiring diagram it says to install pickups with the cable exit towards the bridge. but when i do that with the Air Norton in the neck position, the coil with the screws faces inside and not outside. and with neck pickups those usually face outside. anybody got any idea what´s going on here and which direction i should face it now? it´s f-spaced btw, if that matters.

Quote from DiMarzio: "We thought it would make a distinctive-sounding bridge pickup with high-gain amps, but we soon discovered that it’s a radically neat neck pickup, too."
I didn't found existance of specific neck version, that means you have bridge version which is possible to install in neck position, so behavior you're writing about is expected.
Put it with screws outside, check how it works together with bridge, revert in case of phase problem.

In all cases, pickup has a magnet that have NS ends (north/south, or positive/negative, does not matter, it is not marked in any way). When bridge pickup is installed with N on top, neck should be installed with S on top, if you understand what I mean.