Problem with pick pattern

Chartier

New Metal Member
Apr 21, 2007
Hi all I am new here I use to read but now I decided to registered. Anyway. So here is the problem I get I often play rock like metallica and you can notice its always the same picking pattern and it is like always 3pick on every string or 2 etc... the problem I get since now I play bodom in the solo where Alexi goes in a weird pattern either play really fast in a scale with a pattern the keep changing. How do I get muscle memory?

I'm no guitarist but I think thats called sweep picking. Try playing it slow and you'll build up?

Hi all I am new here I use to read but now I decided to registered. Anyway. So here is the problem I get I often play rock like metallica and you can notice its always the same picking pattern and it is like always 3pick on every string or 2 etc... the problem I get since now I play bodom in the solo where Alexi goes in a weird pattern either play really fast in a scale with a pattern the keep changing. How do I get muscle memory?
Its sounds to me like you either need a faster guitar or a faster amp.

:lol: You guys are assholes. I'll feel sorry for him if he actually goes to a shop and asks for the fastest amp they have.

god shut the hell up, use the FUCKING GUITARPLAYERS THREAD YOU DEUTSCH! i swear to god!!!

muscle memory? for that, all you need to do is practice. i understand what you mean if you are trying to say that alexi has weird patterns that he uses, i feel that too sometimes, but honestly, if you keep playing the lick over and over again, your fingers will get used to that pattern. just keep practicing.

Wow seem's alot of you guy's think I am a fanboy... sorry but I'm not. I just wanted to figure out how to get muscle memory. I just wanted to know how and the fast guitar? I have a good guitar. Amp? I got a good amp? WTF this dosnt even change a bit of the playing unless you put any reverb but anyway. Only 1comment was helpfull