Taming Pick Attack

Ok, so I had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so I though I'd compare a few amp sims.

I own and have been using Guitar Rig 3 and 4. I downloaded Amplitube Metal demo.

Here are some demos:
Amplitube
Guitar Rig 3
Guitar Rig 4

I've only used default presets. I think the pick attack sounds best on the Amplitude sim.

Opinions?

Ok, so I had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so I though I'd compare a few amp sims.

I own and have been using Guitar Rig 3 and 4. I downloaded Amplitube Metal demo.

Here are some demos:
Amplitube
Guitar Rig 3
Guitar Rig 4

I've only used default presets. I think the pick attack sounds best on the Amplitude sim.

Opinions?
I don't see any problems with that. Record some leads, that's where it might get more evident.

Here's my pick attack problem. And I am sure it is not my picking style as I've tried in every possible way and it did not change at all: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1643345/zz99 - Misc Shit/annoying pick attack.mp3

Ampsim is TSe x30 and gain is very low (about 9 o'clock)

It's hard to say without seeing your right hand but it sounds like you use a real hard pick like a tortex or something like that on an angle. Try a heavy nylon pick and no pick angle so the pick hits the string straight on. These things have helped me.

It also sounds like you hit the strings. This causes the sting to buzz against the string before the stroke, try to push through the strings more with the flat side on the pick.

The jazz guitarist pat martino has practically NO pick attack in his recordings whatsoever (probably due to the tone control being rolled off completely) but also maybe check what picks he uses? who is producer was and what gear they used? but yes i think you're over thinking it :p