Problems Posting

Paul Villarreal

New Metal Member
Oct 14, 2002
Visit site
Hello. Am I retarded, or are there some problems with the board.

Everytime I try and post it works just fine the FIRST time, then if I try to post another message it either says, "Thanks for posting" then sends me back to my PREVIOUS post without actually posting the one I was trying to...or it kicks me back to the log in page. (even though I'm already logged in)

Nothing seems to get around this (I've tried re-logging in, refreshing the browser, multiple attempts...) except closing the entire browser program, and starting from scratch...then only to have the same problem after posting one succesful message.

What gives?

So far it's working for replies...but I tried to start a new thread, and it disappeared into the ether. even when I backed up on my browser the template was blank!

I'm cursed!

or it kicks me back to the log in page. (even though I'm already logged in)

If you plan to write long(er) posts, I'd suggest you write them in Notepad first and then paste it ;) There's a very short time limit of how you stay logged on (if you have chosen to stay logged on always, you'll be fine). Happened to me too a lot at first until I figured out about the time limit.

Oh, is THAT what's going on? Thanks for the advice...I'll try it.

Paul

Here's another question: Is there a way to change your log in name? After signing up I realize I'm like the ONLY one here not using a HANDLE of some type...how unHIP of me...

But in the options menu it seems you can change everything BUT your sign in name.

Originally posted by Paul Villarreal
Oh, is THAT what's going on? Thanks for the advice...I'll try it.

Paul

Here's another question: Is there a way to change your log in name? After signing up I realize I'm like the ONLY one here not using a HANDLE of some type...how unHIP of me...

But in the options menu it seems you can change everything BUT your sign in name.

I guess, your login name cannot be changed. Then you'd need to re-register.

It's not UNhip not to have some kind of a cool nick ;)