Request about posting habits

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Heya folks,

Summary: I have a request. Please think before you post.

Explanation: I recently purged the forum of all "soft deleted" posts, meaning, when you delete one of your posts, I still see them until I make them "permanent" deletes. This forum has one of the highest deleted post percentages of the whole site, and most of the time it is you guys posting something, then deciding to think, and going back to delete your post. I am looking at 43 posts right now like this.

There's a few of you that are especially bad about this, so please just try to think first.

I made a few gigantic deletions half a month ago, so that probably contributes. They were an attempt to eradicate entire conversations from threads which didn't need them. Deron; a lot of that was probably me.

what's the deal with people just posting a single "." period?

that is the entire post.

is there anyway you can disable delete post? that would be better, then no one could take back anything they said, just like real life.

I made a few gigantic deletions half a month ago, so that probably contributes. They were an attempt to eradicate entire conversations from threads which didn't need them. Deron; a lot of that was probably me.

I catch many of your mass deletes, and deleted a huge group not long ago. I realize though some are yours and those aren't the ones I am referring to.

I know I've deleted a whole string of my own posts before in order to get out of a pointless argument that's gone nowhere...

Why don't you just make us all administrators so we can permanently delete all of our posts?