Profire 2626 weird issue

DiveRightIn63

May 27, 2009
For some reason when recording, the vocal track record fine and goes through the monitors but does NOT output to the headphones. I have no idea why. Anyone have suggestions to fix this?

headphones on 2626 by default are routed to analog out 1/2 for headphones 1 and to analog out 3/4 for headphones 2.
both headphone outs may be dependent of master volume depending on what is selected in control panel under "master volume knob".
if 1/2 or 3/4 outs are checked both master and headphone level sholud be adjusted in order to head anything in headphones.
so make sure your routing is OK both within DAW and 2626 control panel and relevant levels are adjusted.

Are you new to the interface? I thought the fact that they made headphones 1 dependent on the master volume was stupid as fuck. I never use 1, I end up using 2 if I use either port at all.

you can change that under "master volume knob" in CP.
just unclick all outs.... but this way you get maximum volume going to out 1/2 as well.
alternatively you can connect your monitors to out 5/6 and select this out under master volume knob and use headphones independently from master volume. hope this helps...