Prog/metal fans, the time has come...

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
...the greatest prog metal album is nearly here! Enslaved will soon be releasing their new album, Below The Lights. My high expectations have just been confirmed, check it out!

http://www.theend.cd/mp3/Enslaved_BelowTheLights_QueenOfNight.mp3

I couldn't believe my ears when I first heard this. Flutes?! Fuck, I've been waiting to hear this in a great metal band for ages! I hope this is an indication of the experimentation on the album...I'm surprised in a good way, though I never doubted that they'd created anything short of amazing...ahhh, only one more month...Album of the year? I have a good feeling...

Haha, I actually stopped winamp, then reopened the file just be sure it was right! I hope they tour soon, since I missed them the last time. And they have that new DVD coming out too...Could be a good year for Enslaved.

Well, that certainly wasn't what I expected. I'll mentally mark them for later.

I don't really think its straight black metal even, its different then normal black metal imo. Its really good, I too was shocked it was Enslaved!, should make for an interesting year with them, as said before.

Enslaved are one of maybe three bands that i know will release a brilliant album before i even hear it. their first six albums are nothing short of godly, and the seventh is sure to follow suit. they are one of the few bands that are actually progressive. i've always wondered why prog bands are considered progressive by default, when 99% of them aren't.

I thought this was going to be about the new Evergrey album. :err:
Oh well, Enslaved will be something to look forward to as well I guess.

NP: Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy

Onde Erik said:
I thought this was going to be about the new Evergrey album. :err:
Oh well, Enslaved will be something to look forward to as well I guess.

NP: Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy

Yeah, the new Evergrey album is kicking my ass! Brilliant work!

I haven't stopped listening to the new Evergrey since I purchased it. And that Enslaved song sounds very interesting. Good lead in to the abulm, it's got me interested.

Well they sure aren't prog and they aren't really black metal anymore either. They've evolved out of that. I guess you cold say a black-prog-metal-weird sound or something. Who cares. They kick ass that's all I'm worried about.