ProgPower and birthdays

Force10

Feb 24, 2003
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
A wacky coincidence for me this year - tickets for PPVIII go on sale Saturday, which is my daughter's 5th birthday. The first day of PPVIII is October 5, which will be my son's 7th birthday.

Looks like I'll need to bring back a nice gift for my son. Were they going to make any XS Primal Fear t-shirts :loco: ?

Rock on! :kickass:

Birthdays are good for PP. I first heard about PPIII, and it was right around my birthday. My wife convinced me to go and made it a bday present. Six straight PP's later, I might have missed it all if it wasn't my birthday :)

Steve in Philly

and here I thought I was the only one...

my Mom's birthday is this Saturday, Mar 3rd. She will be 59.

my [only sibling] brother's birthday is Oct 5th. He will be 36.

my wife's parents' wedding anniversary is also Oct 5th.

pretty cool. :)

ProgPower had nearly always fallen on my wedding anniversary and my poor hubby doesn't go. Spent the big 2-0 partying with some band backstage. Hubby calls and I say, "Uh...I'm busy, can I call you later?":lol: :lol: I think he's quite pleased the date got moved!

But back to birthdays, my Grandma will turn 96 during the PP weekend. Should I bring her? :kickass:

Hello gang,

I have been going to this event since PPII and I always sit on the back row behind the sound board. You know there has been two years that I have seen a "grandmother looking" please do not take offense to that comment, it is not intended to offend, sitting a row or two in front of me. She seems to come with a couple of younger people. I find it very cool that she is there jamming with the bands. On a few occassions you will see her shaking her head. TO THIS GUY, THAT ROCKS!!! Does anyone know who brings her or who she is? Has anyone else seen her?

Thank you,

Brand

That might be MeMa. Do a search or look at Theli's Pathfinder Promotions towards the end of the thread and you'll see a picture of her.

Some other 'older' folks that come are Glenn's stepdaughter's grandparents (I think I got that right?).

Last year, I convinced my mother to buy me a pair of PP tickets for my 18th birthday. Since my birthday is May 25th, I'm not sure there'll be a correlation this year, haha!

My birthday isn't any kind of celebratory metal day, but I defy you to not think it's awesome:

I shall celebrate my birthday on March 17th, where 1 billion other people will raise a beer and toast me :D

Don't worry, I'll make it up to him the weekend before.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to see if my husband can do... my stepdaughter's birthday is Oct. 7, so we're not sure he'll be making it this year unfortunately. She has school, so she can't very well take off and come here for a whole week, either.

I do know one person (Phil) who won't be back this year because of the new date coinciding with birthdays. :(

Shaye