ProgPower Autographs

Krisjibs

Mar 19, 2006
For those of you who have been before, or just happen to be more knowledgable than I...Is there any kind of autograph session, or do you just have to get lucky and find the band randomly? If there is a session, are you allowed to bring, say, a guitar to be autographed?

There's official signing sessions and random meetings. The sessions are listed in the program according by day and time and are usually thirty minutes apiece and are in between sets. Plus you'll run into the bands so many times that by the time Saturday comes around instead of being "oh sweet there's ______" you'll be more like "Oh man here comes that guitar guy again. I wonder if he's gonna go off for thirty minutes on his sweeping technique for the fiftieth time."

Daybreaker said:
There's official signing sessions and random meetings. The sessions are listed in the program according by day and time and are usually thirty minutes apiece and are in between sets. Plus you'll run into the bands so many times that by the time Saturday comes around instead of being "oh sweet there's ______" you'll be more like "Oh man here comes that guitar guy again. I wonder if he's gonna go off for thirty minutes on his sweeping technique for the fiftieth time."

LOL! That's EXACTLY how it is.

hahahahahaha, so true. :D

Also note that there's a limit of two items for the official autographing sessions, but if time permits you can go back around and through the line again. I assume one of those items could be a guitar. :headbang:

Daybreaker said:
There's official signing sessions and random meetings. The sessions are listed in the program according by day and time and are usually thirty minutes apiece and are in between sets.
Yea, but it's up to the band if they're going to do the session as scheduled. So far in all the years I've been going only one band was "too busy" to bother. :Smug:
But everyone here is right, you basically bump into most of the band members constantly, in the hotel, bars, restaurants, on the street, in the venue, non-stop. It's very cool. :headbang:

Krisjibs said:
For those of you who have been before, or just happen to be more knowledgable than I...Is there any kind of autograph session, or do you just have to get lucky and find the band randomly? If there is a session, are you allowed to bring, say, a guitar to be autographed?

Well as others stated, there is usually an official signing, but many of the bands "hang out" as well. Evergrey, Pagans Mind, Tad Morose, Angel Dust, Vanden Plas, Brainstorm.... etc. They were everywhere. It's really an event as opposed to just a concert. You may even see band members watching another band perform.

Bryant