PROGPOWER EUROPE 2007

You know what would be cool. To have a video link between the two events, even though they are a different times, that would be awesome to salute our metal brothers across the pond like that :headbang:

They did 'something' like that at the US festival 83. The had a video link to another country and would show live shots of the fans there watching 'our' live show.

The video link would be cool. Maybe between sets of PPUSA it would be good to show a PPEUROPE band. To make it more interesting sell merchandise from whatever band we get the video feed of.

The video link would be cool. Maybe between sets of PPUSA it would be good to show a PPEUROPE band. To make it more interesting sell merchandise from whatever band we get the video feed of.

This is an excellent idea if it's at all feasible. It would be cool to see part of the show, yet not enough of it to steal attendees away from ProgPower Europe. Perhaps PPE could then do the same on Saturday night or something.

Only way I could see his feasible, is if they have some recording of it, that they could upload to a secure FTP site. Center Stage would then have to provide some sort of a projection (pretty sure they have something...), and a screen.

But I don't think that PP Europe is going to be able to record the sets in any quality way and upload them right away.

A live satellite link would be amazingly expensive. We can probably rule that out right away, unless someone wins the lottery between now and then.* Even aside from the equipment, you'd also need to lease a satellite channel for the feed. Still, it's an AWESOME idea. :)

More feasible might be a computer link, maybe live webcams or something. I'll leave the thinking to those who are more Net-savvy. I'm old enough to have been at that Us Festival. :lol:

-=-=-
* hey, ya never know.... I know someone whose wife won $18 million in the Fla. lottery

As we always try to book young and talented bands for ProgPower Europe that hardly have played outside their home country, we have confirmed 2 more bands for the 2007 edition:

MEYVN (usa) - very talented young progressive power metal band compared by the media with bands such as SYMPHONY X and QUEENSRYCHE

MECHANICAL POET (russia) - one of the most original bands that have pleased many people with their second release "Woodland Prattlers", working on a new album now to be released early 2007

As we always try to book young and talented bands for ProgPower Europe that hardly have played outside their home country, we have confirmed 2 more bands for the 2007 edition:

MEYVN (usa) - very talented young progressive power metal band compared by the media with bands such as SYMPHONY X and QUEENSRYCHE

MECHANICAL POET (russia) - one of the most original bands that have pleased many people with their second release "Woodland Prattlers", working on a new album now to be released early 2007

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave Myvn a 9.2 in my review for the new Aardschok! And I love Mechanical Poet! With the high prices of hotel and travel it will be very likly that I will come to Prog-Power Europe instead of Prog-Power US.

Damn! Damn! Damn!! Why the hell did the two festivals get planned on the same date!! Still Myvn and Mechanical Poet!! Unbelieveable!!

Rene thanks you so much. :worship: Those are amazing choices!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO MEYVN!!!!!!!! These guys are awesome and hey they are from TEXAS!!!!! Good job Rene. Too bad PPUSAVIII is the same weekend, i would really love to go see MEYVN and Mechanical Poet, but the PP USA VIII line up is so frigging awesome i will have to forego a trip to the Netherlands.

wow, nice pick! I was tempted to put them on my "suggested" final ProgPower USA roster.

PPE is definitely shaping up to have a damn nice set list... and with the hotel prices skyrocketing in Atlanta, it's almost looking like they're both going to be around the same price. However, PPUSA has Virgin Steele, and my Gold Badges. ;)