ProgPower Scandinavia 2009 - dates and venue announced

Claus / Intromental

20 years of uniting the powers of metal
We're very happy to announce that this year's installment of PROGPOWER SCANDINAVIA will take place on September 25th/26th at VEGA, the premium rock venue in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Our reasons behind moving away from The Rock and to Vega are that we want to provide a near-perfect festival in a great sounding environment with all the possible benefits for the performing artists. While The Rock has been extremely kind to us in our first 2 years of existence, we've also become aware of the problems by using that venue: the capacity only holds 600 people compared to the 1.500 (1.100 without the balcony) in Vega, the backstage area at The Rock doesn't live up to a full two-day festival with 10 bands running through the backstage rooms all the time, and also we feel that for a festival this size, we do need the best possible sound and light to please your ears and eyes with. Vega lives up to the criteria we have set for the festival at this point in time.

With that said, we do appreciate the great support The Rock has been giving us, and we're most likely planning both a pre-party AND after-parties to be held at The Rock.

We will begin to announce the bands from next week - there are a bunch of surprises waiting for you all :)

Within a few weeks we should be able to give you more information on when tickets go onsale.

September !! At least the temperature should be much better :)
The venue is at the end of the street where whe stayed last year so should be easy to get back to the hotel ;)

Thanks for the update Claus, looking forward to the bands to be announced.

H.

Thanks for the news Claus.

I do understand the points made about The Rock, but have to say it has been a fun place to be during the last two festivals held in Copenhagen. Can't deny that i got a feeling you guys got a couple of bands coming that might need the bigger capasity at Vega ;)

But i'm also a bit concerned on my own behalf regarding the change of dates.

PP USA 11-12th Sept.
PP Scan 25-26th Sept.
PP Eur 2-4th Oct.

I'm sure you get where i'm going with this. If only one of these was earlier in the year. I wanna make it over to US this year and that will mean that i miss out on one of the others.

Most likely a pre-party? Does that mean it might be a 3 day event? Can't see it otherwise.. :)

I do understand the points made about The Rock, but have to say it has been a fun place to be during the last two festivals held in Copenhagen. Can't deny that i got a feeling you guys got a couple of bands coming that might need the bigger capasity at Vega ;)

Yes, there's no doubt that THE ROCK is a great venue, and we all appreciate what they've done for us in the past. However, ProgPower Scandinavia is growing and we need to move to a bigger venue to accomodate what we want to do here.

This doesn't mean we're leaving The Rock completely out of the picture. They'll certainly be part of our pre-party/after-party planning.

But i'm also a bit concerned on my own behalf regarding the change of dates.
PP USA 11-12th Sept.
PP Scan 25-26th Sept.
PP Eur 2-4th Oct.
I'm sure you get where i'm going with this. If only one of these was earlier in the year. I wanna make it over to US this year and that will mean that i miss out on one of the others.

I hear you. It is very unfortunate that we had to put PP Scandinavia on that date, but it was the only weekend available at Vega this year. Our plan is actually to move PP Scandinavia into the spring from next year on.

Most likely a pre-party? Does that mean it might be a 3 day event? Can't see it otherwise.. :)

Well .... let's see about that :)

c.

Thanks once again Claus, i'm pleased with what you're saying. :)

If you already consider moving it to the spring it's great. Actually something i wished for to happen. It's not a big secret i spend a lot of money travelling to these events and the thought of missing out on the Progpower's great atmosphere is killing me.

thanks for the news Claus! Just in time for me to set my budget. Unfortunatelly like Lars says with the dates of PPScan and PPEurope i will have to pass on PPEurope...maybe next time... anyway I uderstand that the venue change was something needed to be done in order to expand the festival and I'm sure that it's gonna be great there as well, even though I felt really great at The Rock.
i'm really excited to hear the line-up and see what you had planned for us. :)

cheers

p.s. the dates otherwise are really great, right on my birthday, so get ready guys for some extra beers from me. :)

The Rock was cool enough but it a wee bit small, yes. September is fine with me, I just hope I'll get a day off for travelling because by August I'll probably have a new job....... :cool:

Looking forward to the band announcements well. As I've said, a bit more death-ish and/or dark-ish would be nice, some flower power 70s proggie stuff as well, please... :lol:

Matt will of course come to the festival, once he sees the bands we have appearing there. If he's still reluctant, I'll start up my car and drive up to Sweden and pick him up myself.

Lars

I hear you. It is very unfortunate that we had to put PP Scandinavia on that date, but it was the only weekend available at Vega this year. Our plan is actually to move PP Scandinavia into the spring from next year on.
c.

Now, this is what I like to hear. I can definitely make the spring. Unfortunately, this year found me with tons of responsibility. And October is the slated move date to my company into a new space. Yay for growth (though, I'm still hoping things will move smoothly and I can still make it this year) *fingers crossed*