ProgPower UK comes to an End

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
This from Jon and the team-

"This is the hardest decision we have ever had to make, but it is with great regret that we

must inform you of the cancellation of ProgPower UK 3.

We have made no secret of the financial difficulties that have dogged our first two years,

which is why we had to make a significant number of changes before we decided to commit to a

third year. However, ticket sales have been extremely poor – just about 50% of what was

required to break even, in fact. As a result, there is no way we can stage the festival

without losing a substantial amount of money again, and given the losses incurred in 2006

and 2007 this is something we just cannot afford to do.

This decision has not been taken lightly. We have worked very hard to build up ProgPower UK

and keep the dream alive, but the reality of the situation is staring us in the face and we

simply cannot afford to keep pumping money into the festival. We are obviously extremely

sorry for the disappointment and inconvenience that this decision will cause you, and

although it is of no consolation, we can assure you that we are as disappointed about this

as you are.

ProgPower UK LLP will cease trading with immediate effect. As the festival will now not be

taking place, any monies due for performing will not be paid. In due course, a liquidator

will be appointed if appropriate.

Please direct any enquiries to enquiries@progpoweruk.com All enquiries will be dealt with,

but please be patient.

It is hard at this point in time to convey in words our own disappointment at having to make

this tough decision and we do fully appreciate the difficulties that it will cause you. We

would however like to sincerely thank you for working with us on ProgPower UK over the past

few months.

The ProgPower UK Team "

Today is a sad day officially though i was informed yesterday. What started off as a magnificent adventure back in 2005 for Jon and myself and took a shed load of work and funds to get off the ground formally came to an end today due to poor ticket sales or in other words lack of support. It's a real shame and although i was only part of the first PPUK, i still felt very proud of the whole event and how Jon, Wendy and the team took it on in 2007 and what i thought would be another cracking event this year. Jon and co have made a business decision that they had to,as you can't carry on throwing money away.. it's just a shame that the UK wasn't ready for the event.

I remember how i felt when i left the organisation and i guess Jon and Wendy are feeling along the same lines...

Well done to them both, for having a go and for being professional enough to make the decision now rather than taking a massive financial loss this year...

I hope everyone understands the decision and judging by the PPUK forum it seems the case.