ProgPower USA XIX (2018) Roster announced

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
From ProgPower USA Facebook page :

We proudly present our 2018 roster - please share!

Friday, DAY 3:
James Labrie (Canada)
Redemption (USA) with new vocalist, Tom Englund
Labyrinth (band) (Italy) "Return to Heaven Denied" part I in its entirety
Bloodbound (Sweden)
Persefone (Andorra)
MANIMAL (Sweden)

Saturday, DAY 4:
Tarja Turunen (Finland)
Alestorm (Multi-national)
VUUR (The Netherlands)
Soen (Sweden)
Eclipse (Sweden) *US Exclusive
Triosphere (Norway)

Dates: September 7-8, 2018
Tickets on sale October 7, 2017 at 10am ET
Ticket link for Days 3 and 4: https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/0E005335A1FE3A49#efeat4212

We proudly present our 2018 Days 1 & 2 roster:

Wednesday, DAY 1 (opener to closer):
Ross The Boss Band - Manowar set (USA)
Gloryhammer (multinational)
Nocturnal Rites - The Official Site (Sweden)
Voyager Australia

Thursday, DAY 2 (opener to closer)
Cellar Darling (Switzerland)
Kingcrow (Italy)
Dream Evil official (Sweden)
Angra - 25th Anniversary "fans pick the set list" Show (Brazil)

Dates: September 5-6, 2018
Tickets on sale in November 2017

Last edited:
Reactions: The Fiddler
Kudos to Glenn, Milton, and Nathan for putting together the 19th year of this, yet still being able to keep the lineup largely fresh! Honestly, I am only well versed with half this lineup, so have a LOT of sampling to do...... James LaBrie, Redemption, Tarja and Kingcrow are all immediate selling points for me, so look forward to exploring these other bands.

WIth the exception of Angra, Voyager and Gloryhammer, I have nothing by the artists playing next year. And for those three artists, I bought some CDs to prepare for PPUSA performances that I didn't get to see (ANgra & Voyager in 2015 which sold out too quickly, and Gloryhammer, who were unable to attend last year).

Nonetheless, I'm there, and I'll definitely be preparing with purchases of Tarja and Redemption already in hand, plus others such as Eclipse, Cellar Darling and Redemption via Amazon on the way.

WIth the exception of Angra, Voyager and Gloryhammer, I have nothing by the artists playing next year. And for those three artists, I bought some CDs to prepare for PPUSA performances that I didn't get to see (ANgra & Voyager in 2015 which sold out too quickly, and Gloryhammer, who were unable to attend last year).

Nonetheless, I'm there, and I'll definitely be preparing with purchases of Tarja and Redemption already in hand, plus others such as Eclipse, Cellar Darling and Redemption via Amazon on the way.

PPUSA is basically a crash course in metal artist appreciation. Glenn could teach a university course in the subject. I learn so much about music from Glenn's announcements. Like you I have heard of a few, but the others I will have to purchase and listen to prior to the festival. Good stuff.

This may be a dumb question, but with Tom being the new Redemption vocalist will Evergrey be put on hold for a time? The last two Evergrey albums were stellar and I'd hate to think of that Evergrey mojo getting lost.

PPUSA is basically a crash course in metal artist appreciation. Glenn could teach a university course in the subject. I learn so much about music from Glenn's announcements. Like you I have heard of a few, but the others I will have to purchase and listen to prior to the festival. Good stuff.

Whether through preparation for the upcoming festival, or through great sets at the current festival, the chance to get introduced to new bands is indeed one of the coolest things about the festival.

For example, I went to PPUSA in 2007 to see Threshold, Virgin Steele and Primal Fear, but I rapidly became fans of After Forever and Sonata Artica after their blistering sets.

In 2014, I went primarily for Jon Oliva's Pain doing Streets in its entirety, as well as Stratovarius, but preparing for the show got me interested in Voodoo Circle, and I was blown away by Overkill's set.

Last year introduced me to Haken, Freedom Call and Serious Black. and I would have gotten the boxed set of Refuge era Rage material if it hadn't sold out.

This year, Orphaned Land blew me away, and I also picked up albums by Serenity, Vanden Plas, Lords of Black and Distorted Harmony at the merchandise stands.

Last edited:
so stoked to finally get to see Tarja Turunen perform. I missed the boat on seeing her in Nightwish so I'm glad she's coming back solo. Eclipse, Persefone and Redemption should all be good as well.

I have not been able to attend in years because of work, but I still get stoked over the announcement each year as a chance to learn new bands. Great line up this year very well done.

Glenn, admit it you booked Eclipse just so I would quit asking for them like I have for like 10 years straight! LOL

Reactions: NorseBlood
Thank you so much Glenn for going back to taking a chance on a hard rock act. Eclipse is a fantastic choice.

This is the best lineup, IMO, looking at everything from Wed-Sat, in quite a few years. And a band from Andorra? Won't the presence of a whole band from Andorra basically shut that place down for the weekend?