ProgPower USA XVI Roster

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
We proudly present our 2015 roster:

Friday:
Anathema (UK)
Falconer (Sweden) - last live performance ever!
Voyager (Australia) - fans pick the setlist
Morgana Lefay (Sweden)
Anubis Gate (Denmark)
Hibria (Brazil)

Saturday:
Angra (Brazil) - performing "Holy Land" in its entirety
Royal Hunt (Denmark/USA) - performing "Paradox" in its entirety
Riverside (Poland)
Dynazty (Sweden)
Persefone (Andorra)
Helker (Argentina)

ProgPower USA XVI will be Fri. Sept. 11 and Sat. Sept. 12, 2015
Tickets will go on sale Saturday, October 4, 2014 via Ticketmaster

~Jen

Y'all. Y'all. Y'all don't even know. Like geez. Glenn, I thought you said you weren't topping this year?

I have three comments:

1) Holy Land and Paradox? Whoa. BTW, who is singing for Angra?

2) A few longtime fan requests in there, like Hibria and holy crap Falconer.

3) A band from Andorra? If the band is coming here, then isn't Andorra going to be temporarily depopulated? Won't that cause a recession?

Wow. I feel old. Fully half the bands I am totally unfamiliar with. That has never happened in 16 years.

But....

Holy Land and Paradox in their entirety? Whoa! Now, if only the RIGHT singer were doing Holy Land.....

Falconer's breaking up? SHIT! They are number three on my bucket list after Grave Digger and Within Temptation. Next year I'm there!

Stellar line-up! My (due to circumstances beyond my control) two-year festival hiatus officially ends in 2015. Can't wait to get back to the fun, the mayhem, the great music, and share it all with some really great people whom I miss dearly. Some come hell or high water, I'll be flying up from Colombia or wherever else I happen to be on this ruddy rock to headbang the days and nights away!

Like last year, the first day does it for me with the return of Voyager, Falconer being on of the few huge draws for me, and seeing Anathema at full strength.

I'd be more excited about Angra if it was Andre singing, but I'll take what I can get. I am glad that DC Cooper is back in the fold for Royal Hunt, because it has been way too long since I've seen him in a full band. (Back in the Silent Force days...) I'll never complain about seeing Riverside, tho I saw them last year.

As for the rest, I know many wanted to see Anubis Gate, but what I heard on Spotify in the past hasn't really grabbed me. I know I have some Hibra tracks somewhere...

FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER FALCONER

If some guy randomly hugs you tomorrow Glenn it's because you got Anathema for headliner. Any chance they'll have a mini orchestra behind them?

So with a lineup like this, my first ever ProgPower isn't my only ProgPower ever. Riverside and Holy Land sealed it for me.

I'll be honest and say that although I've heard of several of these bands, the only bands that I've actually heard anything from are Morgana Lefay and Riverside. It looks like I'm going to have to school myself to see if I want to go next year. However, based on the video, Voyager, Dynazty, Royal Hunt and the two headliners look worth checking out.

GODDAMN, GLENN!!! You were not kidding when you said "See you in 2015". Very well thought out. Never expected Hibria nor Persefone. Helker comes in a big surprise. 2015 is going to be your biggest year yet. :)