Progpower XI videos already on youtube

Hmmm. Whatever. I don't buy it. I don't even take a camera, so I wouldn't be looking for camera rules. There were signs clearly posted that stated the "Yes" and "No" rules on the front doors and inner doors.

Hmmm. Whatever. I don't buy it. I don't even take a camera, so I wouldn't be looking for camera rules. There were signs clearly posted that stated the "Yes" and "No" rules on the front doors and inner doors.

I agree with you Magius. Why would they make all these signs just for one night,and all of the post on the internet about it too.

With cameras being allowed in and not everyone being a part of this forum or giving a fuck about the website, is it any wonder this sort of thing would happen? I'm sure this sort of thing was expected and that it's being handled cordially. At least at the beginning.

The policy is and was printed and displayed on several locations around the venue. The issue should have ended with that. With the DSLR's out now that are able to capture video, this is going to happen more and more. Someone is going to think it is ok because the camera was allowed inside. I am not saying that digital cameras should not be allowed. But I do think maybe an announcement or two over the PA during the evening would serve well. Unfortunately not everyone takes the time to read signs anymore, regardless of how many are posted there.
At least the guy owned up to it and removed them without any attitude. Gotta respect him for at least doing that. Not condoning taking the video though.

I've been attending this festival since, and including PPIV to the present day and video of any kind has been forbidden. ALWAYS! Pleading ignorance should never be a way out. Posted signs and past practice should be significantly sufficient. Try pleading ignorance to get out of a traffic ticket in another state that isn't your home state and the cop will tell you to know the information before travelling there. Come on, it's common sense.

Gang, at least this is not like the guy from PerfectProg who stuck a thumb in Glenn's eye on this forum. He owned up to it. The vid is gone. Case closed.

Gang, at least this is not like the guy from PerfectProg who stuck a thumb in Glenn's eye on this forum. He owned up to it. The vid is gone. Case closed.

Think that he still has the videos on his camera and home computer for personal use,and that doesn't seem fair, or ok. You can defend him it's ok, but the most of us that take progpower to heart find it to be a slap in the face, that's all.

I kept an eye out when I was in the crowd, but ... I can't tell when someone's recording and when they're just kinda following the action on the LCD screen waiting for a good moment to capture, which I do sometimes - even if the camera's on, if I don't have it up, it's usually too late by the time I get it aimed and focused.

I kept an eye out when I was in the crowd, but ... I can't tell when someone's recording and when they're just kinda following the action on the LCD screen waiting for a good moment to capture, which I do sometimes - even if the camera's on, if I don't have it up, it's usually too late by the time I get it aimed and focused.

Yeah, I kept holding up my iPhone for awhile trying to wait for the break in red lighting, which sometimes took forever. I actually gave up on taking photos during Delains set because the combination of smoke and 90% warm back lighting were a horrible combo without a usable flash.

However, I did catch someone filming during Leaves Eyes and tweeted it since I was too far away from the guy but didn't want to loose my spot to go find security/crew.

How true, in this guy's case he did the right thing, in PerfectProgs case as you said he stuck a finger in Glenn's eye and everyone else who follows the rules, and then he tried to justify it by saying it was to support the music. Thank god he wasn't there this year.

trying to wait for the break in red lighting, which sometimes took forever.

That too! It seems like any time I decide to take photos - whether it's at PPUSA or any other show - it's always a game of waiting out the red light and getting in shots before it changes back to red. Although I did once get a great photo of Tom Englund in pink light...

How true, in this guy's case he did the right thing, in PerfectProgs case as you said he stuck a finger in Glenn's eye and everyone else who follows the rules, and then he tried to justify it by saying it was to support the music. Thank god he wasn't there this year.
He might not have been in Atlanta, but Leonel is co-sponsoring PP Europe. Surprised that the PP promoters even allowed him to do so.

Every year it's been "if you see a bootlegger, notify a security attendant." Yeah well okay that's all great except for when that person doesn't really seem to care/know what to do/or even do more than look up and say "ok"... I saw at least two, possibly three, bootleggers during Hammerfall when I was sitting up high in the seats. Who do I go to in the middle of a set? The crew are too busy and the security are just bumps on a log that only seem to know how to look at a badge and make lame attempts to chat up the girls.

The signs posted clearly on the entrance & exit doors should have been enough, eventhough I know people don't read signs. Point is, doesn't matter if this guy "did the right thing" to take down the videos. There is no excuse for making the recordings in the first place.

Bah!

I dont even go to PP and it drives me nuts that people cant follow certain rules for an event. The funniest part is the quality is usually garbage anyways. Why even waste your time taping it??? I think with every event there is always going to be a few people out for themselves who dont care about anyone else or the rules that are applied.

At Maiden this year there was this moron lady in front of us who was filming Dream Theater the whole show with her small camera. She held it above her head the whole show and it was moving so much that it would be impossible to watch when she got home. At the end of the day they spend so much time sneaking and taping parts of the show....they truely miss out on the important part....actually watching the show and enjoying it.

At Maiden this year there was this moron lady in front of us who was filming Dream Theater the whole show with her small camera. She held it above her head the whole show and it was moving so much that it would be impossible to watch when she got home. At the end of the day they spend so much time sneaking and taping parts of the show....they truely miss out on the important part....actually watching the show and enjoying it.

I guess people just have this filthy, stupid need to record the concerts just because their camera allows them to do so. Fuck man, you don't need to prove that you were at this or that concert by showing your stupid crappy-looking video. Just watch the damn show.

I don't understand the need to tape it. You can find much better live versions on YouTube already.

I guess people just have this filthy, stupid need to record the concerts just because their camera allows them to do so. Fuck man, you don't need to prove that you were at this or that concert by showing your stupid crappy-looking video. Just watch the damn show.

I don't understand the need to tape it. You can find much better live versions on YouTube already.

hahahahahahaha
dude, thank you. you totally echo my thoughts on this, and your verbiage sounds so much like something i would say, i just have to say: THANK YOU :)

seriously, for all the fuckwits who record and screw shit up for the rest of us? i wasn't kidding in my threat during the corset picture - i WILL cut a bitch. kisses
xx

I was watching, too, and what I found to be the best way to tell was to watch for the LCD screen to "freeze" for a second.

Virtually all digital cameras do this when you take a picture...it's showing moving live action until you push the button, then it locks on the picture you took for a couple of seconds so you can see how it turned out.

I didn't see anyone I thought was taking video, though I was more focused on the bands' performance, of course. :)

Craig

Yeah, I kept holding up my iPhone for awhile trying to wait for the break in red lighting, which sometimes took forever.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed the excessive use of red lighting?? Horrible for pictures, IMHO, and the constant red got pretty boring after a while, too. At a few points, I actually thought the person running the lights had gone on break and just left everything on "red." :lol:

I'm not usually one to complain about things like this, but it was probably the worst year for the lights, IMHO. At times they were great, but at other times the overuse of red was really annoying....

Craig

Youtube name: PHYSCO331

Video called : Hammerfall LIVE ATLANTA!

Video of Hearts on Fire when Nocturnal Rites singer came on stage final song

here is the video. Do what you do.

Last edited by a moderator: