ProgPower XI

Bamafan

Sep 11, 2010
Heart of Dixie
I had the good fortune to see SW at ProgPower in Atlanta yesterday. What an incredible show! Thank you so much for making the long trip over the Atlantic to play for us. You were by far the highlight of the festival! I just wish I had known to become a gold badge holder so that I could have seen the special set on Saturday.

There won't be any video coming from the ProgPower camp. I hope the band taped it because it really seemed to be a dream come true for them. The smiles on their faces were almost as big as the ones in the audience.

Taint the Sky, Not An Angel, Welcome To Mercy Falls, Alley Cat, Tears For A Father, The Black Parade, Edge of My Blade that I can recall. I may be missing one.

Man, you guys really got the "Pagan's Mind" treatment at ProgPower...that means you had the audience in the palm of your hand. The response was deafening at times...you won us over guys. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new CD. Andreas, that was a really humbling thing you did speaking to the hungry for more crowd. You were really happy to be there and we were happy to have you here in the US. We really cannot wait for you to come back. The band was extremely tight. We got there a few mins late while you were finishing Hide and Seek...the floor was jam packed, so we we had to stand on the balcony and watch the set. Tommy's voice was in great shape! I think you guys are my favorite band now. :)

Very cool that you customized the t-shirts for that particular date.
I had no problem plopping down my $28, and I bought Mercy Falls.
Fantastic artwork in the CD book, really classy stuff.
It's my mission to turn as many people as I can into Seventh Wonder fans.

Sounds similar to the Sandefjord set. If it is, they prolly also played Unbreakable and Hide and Seek :)

Yes, they did - as I recall, they opened with Unbreakable.

Photos, as promised:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eidales/sets/72157624819837435/

Sorry for the relatively poor quality; my camera is NOT meant for concert photography, but these turned out much better than I expected. All the short people stood in front of me, so I had a great view. :D

ProgPower XI was my introduction to Seventh Wonder and the best way I can think to describe what I thought of them live - I now really know what being completely blown away feels like...

After Friday night, I drug my 2 hours of sleep self (yes with coffee) to the Saturday show and LOVED the smaller setting even more... CDs were gone when I went to the vendors but as soon as I got home tonight, I ordered Mercy Falls and Waiting in the Wings..

They ruled live, they're GREAT guys - I'm all in and cannot WAIT for The Great Escape!! And to get them back here ASAP!!

Man, you guys really got the "Pagan's Mind" treatment at ProgPower...that means you had the audience in the palm of your hand. The response was deafening at times...you won us over guys. I cannot wait to get my hands on the new CD. Andreas, that was a really humbling thing you did speaking to the hungry for more crowd. You were really happy to be there and we were happy to have you here in the US. We really cannot wait for you to come back. The band was extremely tight. We got there a few mins late while you were finishing Hide and Seek...the floor was jam packed, so we we had to stand on the balcony and watch the set. Tommy's voice was in great shape! I think you guys are my favorite band now. :)

Very cool that you customized the t-shirts for that particular date.
I had no problem plopping down my $28, and I bought Mercy Falls.
Fantastic artwork in the CD book, really classy stuff.
It's my mission to turn as many people as I can into Seventh Wonder fans.

:Spin:
Here here! IMHO Seventh Wonder freakin' STOLE the show at ProgPower XI! What a performance!!!!! What a great reception from the crowd! What a great standing O when they were done! I loved every second of the show - and their set was my fave of the weekend, quite seriously!

I missed the shirt somehow, but it was so great to meet all the guys after their set - they really ARE as nice and cool as they seem. I have NEVER been prouder to be a sponsor at PP. It is SO GREAT to see a band that is SO PSYCHED to play really TEAR IT UP on the PP stage. Kudos, guys!

The special 'extra' set on Saturday made the whole weekend even more awesome. Seeing them up super close was a treat...Tommy's voice soared again and Andreas' bass was clear as a bell....ah hell, you were ALL great!!!! The acoustic pieces at the onset were freaking breathtaking....I saw many more than one teary eye in the crowd!!

Just unreal, overall. I was super familiar with the two latest albuims before they hit the stage, and expected them to be really good....I had no freaking clue HOW GREAT they would be.

Mad-taffer, I'm with ya to spread the word!!!

Thanks for a hell of a show, guys. SW RAWKS!! COME BACK TO THE US - SOON!!!!

Mare

I feel honored to have been there to see SW's first performance in the US - it was incredible! Both performances were great and I think they gained a lot of new fans.

So nice of Tommy, Andreas B. and Johnny to sit and chat with me by the restaurant for a while and get a picture with my husband and I.

The special show was amazing - especially the acoustic songs. They also played one song from Become, but I don't remember which song it was as I don't have that album.

Here are a few pics from my phone camera. Hoping to see you guys back over here very soon!

CPSW_091010_sm.jpg

SW1_sm.jpg

SW2_sm.jpg

SW3_sm.jpg

I posted this over on the PP forum, but figured here would be a good place, too. It's a cool coincidence related to Seventh Wonder that I caught on the plane home Sunday.

Seventh Wonder gave their debut USA performance on Friday September 10, 2010.

This headline appeared on the front page of the Chicago Tribune, one of the major newspapers in the US, on Friday September 10, 2010:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad290/2kluther/Misc/IMG_0570.jpg

Awesome. I mean, not only did they do that headline on the same day as SW's first US performance, but it took a guy with a 2-day old newspaper sitting right in front of me and reading it on the plane on Sunday for me to see it.

We would like to thank everyone who supported us at ProgPower! A lot of people came and showed their support and a lot of people heard us for the first time. It was an amazing trip and a very warm welcome. We are very thankful for that. Simply awesome!

Extra special thanks go out to the fabulous crew at ProgPower who are absolutely top notch and Glenn who made it all happen!

This was the band that stole the frigging show, they just tottaly blew the roof off and blew every other band away, and made tons of new fans. Plus they are 5 of the greates and most humble people you would want to meet. Here's hoping that a full US tour will happen in the near future, How bout it Andreas? e-mail me at ceaserin51@sbcglobal.net

After reading all the fantastic reviews on the ProgPower-forum and the increase of people here it's safe to conclude that the US-experience was a huge succes. Both shows were enormously praised and the down-to-earth-attitude of the boys was highly appreciated as well.
Old fans were finally rewarded with fantastic shows and a great amount of new fans were made!!

It's great to read that you guys had a wonderful time in the USA.
A dream came true and I have a feeling that this will be the start of amazing things that will happen to SW in the nearby future.

Ahhhh, I loved you guys ... both in concert and in person. Thanks for the laughs and drunken autographs/dance .... and of course, photo! hah :) Hopefully, you'll make another tour to the U.S. soon.