Progress on new albums?

Fathomless

Inconsolable Idealist
Jan 28, 2002
Maine, USA
Visit site
Is it just me, or have both the band and the webmaster been completely unforthcoming with regards to news and progress on the new albums? Aside from hearing that there would BE two new albums, back in January or something, I have no idea whether they're still in pre-production/conceptual phases or have gone to print, or are anywhere in between.

If anybody has any idea what's going on, would you mind taking the time to share?

Thanks alot.

Cheers.

Fathomless

They said they booked the studio for.. well, right about now I think. I read end of July somewhere. So it should be recorded quite soon. And then there's the usual foreverlong wait until they hit stores. However, I have no idea who's producing this one. An update of some kind might be nice. I figure Mike will stop by sometime now that the festival is over.

i am pretty sure that they are in the studio recording. I know that the cd's are going to get released separately at different times. I am not sure of the order, like mellow then heavy or heavy then mellow. If i said anything wrong some please correct me.

The article in the new Terrorizer says they'll probably be a few weeks apart.

The recent issue of Terrorizer Magazine has a feature on Opeth & Arcturus. In the Opeth article, Mikael states that the albums will not be released until early-mid 2003 at best.

And he did admit that they would NOT be released simaltaneously.

He also stated (for whatever this is worth) that they had to negotiate with Music For Nations & that these releases will only count as "one" against their contract.